Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those asking if it would be wrong to compare KDB to tin tin/the Milky Way kid, you do realise they’re cartoons of human beings right? Bernardo essentially compared mendy to a cartoon food, the only resemblance being the colour of his skin.

I have from as long as I can remember loved and been passionate about the game of association football so that at least 50 years. In that time I have idolised players of all nationalities and colours. I lived through the times when monkey chants and bananas were thrown and cannot recall feeling anything but discomfort and disgust at those things and never joined in (likewise Munich songs). My feelings are that so much progress has been made and that the game had reached a stage or close to where it should be. Like in Brazil for example when nobody even notices the colour of a player when they are wearing the shirt of your passion whether that be City or England in my case.

Over the last few years for various reasons I have begun to loose my passion for the game , the ridiculous money involved, the bent FA, the bent UEFA, the whole culture of the game at the top level has moved further away than what I can buy into.

I am close to the point where I am close to actually walking away from it all together and not even bothering to watch the game at all and this Bernado and on going and constant trawling for signs of racism may well be the final straw. On Saturday I could not be arsed to walk a few hundred yards to go to the bar to watch the Everton game I just kept an eye on things via BM and BBC website as the streams were shite here. I only went out to watch the Zagreb game as I was under pressure from the locals to join them.

Should Bernado get a ban and maybe if not over the coming days and weeks I may well walk away completely as the whole thing has become frankly to depressing and has now entrenched the view that there will never be this natural to me view that it matters not one fuck as to what colour you are as long as you are a good person. There are many such people in all walks of life. There are also people whom I consider to be absolute ****s many of them. Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Sajid Javed, Dianne Abbott. If I express this view in public or even on BM it is straight away questioned or suggested with the two latter it is because of their ethnicity. For the record its fuck all to do with it. They are both ****s of the highest order for many reasons in my opinion none of those reasons are remotely connected to them being non white.

This Bernado business for me is a clear illustration and a clear example as to why both in sport and society this constant witch hunt has gone way to far and has done nothing more than drive people further apart and create more division and ultimately guarantee that in football, sport and general society that multi racial harmony is a pipe dream whilst those who claim to want it actually are perhaps the greatest friend of the true racists and bigots who want the opposite.

Its a sad depressing state of affairs and to me astonishing that few can see what is happening.
I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments. Rest assured, plenty of people from all colours and creeds feel the same

Curious, if its that racist to compare how dark a friends skin is, then why is the spanish food company allowed to use the artwork in the first place. The UK company robertsons jam removed the use of the gollywog from its jam jars to take away any racial slant. Im guessing the UK has to live by different standards compared to its european family. Yet UK citizens are constantly labled racist more often the their european counterparts. Maybe the UK has set such high levels of intergration and tolerance that the slightest mention of colour difference is slammed right down. Mendy him self sees the humour and likeness of his dark skin that hes even tweeted a pic of him on a plane with the lads where you can barely see him in the shadows... He sees the humour... Does that then make him racist... If mendy has made it ok for his friends to joke with him publicly or privatley about his skin tone then surely thay removes the racist slant???

I have from as long as I can remember loved and been passionate about the game of association football so that at least 50 years. In that time I have idolised players of all nationalities and colours. I lived through the times when monkey chants and bananas were thrown and cannot recall feeling anything but discomfort and disgust at those things and never joined in (likewise Munich songs). My feelings are that so much progress has been made and that the game had reached a stage or close to where it should be. Like in Brazil for example when nobody even notices the colour of a player when they are wearing the shirt of your passion whether that be City or England in my case.

Over the last few years for various reasons I have begun to loose my passion for the game , the ridiculous money involved, the bent FA, the bent UEFA, the whole culture of the game at the top level has moved further away than what I can buy into.

I am close to the point where I am close to actually walking away from it all together and not even bothering to watch the game at all and this Bernado and on going and constant trawling for signs of racism may well be the final straw. On Saturday I could not be arsed to walk a few hundred yards to go to the bar to watch the Everton game I just kept an eye on things via BM and BBC website as the streams were shite here. I only went out to watch the Zagreb game as I was under pressure from the locals to join them.

Should Bernado get a ban and maybe if not over the coming days and weeks I may well walk away completely as the whole thing has become frankly to depressing and has now entrenched the view that there will never be this natural to me view that it matters not one fuck as to what colour you are as long as you are a good person. There are many such people in all walks of life. There are also people whom I consider to be absolute ****s many of them. Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Sajid Javed, Dianne Abbott. If I express this view in public or even on BM it is straight away questioned or suggested with the two latter it is because of their ethnicity. For the record its fuck all to do with it. They are both ****s of the highest order for many reasons in my opinion none of those reasons are remotely connected to them being non white.

This Bernado business for me is a clear illustration and a clear example as to why both in sport and society this constant witch hunt has gone way to far and has done nothing more than drive people further apart and create more division and ultimately guarantee that in football, sport and general society that multi racial harmony is a pipe dream whilst those who claim to want it actually are perhaps the greatest friend of the true racists and bigots who want the opposite.

Its a sad depressing state of affairs and to me astonishing that few can see what is happening.
100% agree pal

Look at the charge,they have thrown the book at him,in what universe is this over reaction going to help the cause,kick it out should know better than to go along with this

Pathetic from the FA. A warning at best but even then debatable. He clearly didn't mean it that way, Mendy didn't take offence, but others did on his behalf. Hardly in the same league as our England captain showing his true self or even the persistently stupid monkey chants, yet the reported sentence is more severe.

Would love to see Mendy comparing himself to the same pack of sweets. Would that make him racist? Or would that make the FA racist for discrimination in charging a white player for the offense but not a black player for the same offense?

Yes he shouldn't have used a public platform for a joke between friends, and that's where a warning is sufficient. But the media reaction and FA response is an embarrassment and setback to racial equality efforts over the past few decades, exposing them for overly sensitive, keen to be seen to be doing something, out of touch berks. Shame on the FA.

Curious, if its that racist to compare how dark a friends skin is, then why is the spanish food company allowed to use the artwork in the first place. The UK company robertsons jam removed the use of the gollywog from its jam jars to take away any racial slant. Im guessing the UK has to live by different standards compared to its european family. Yet UK citizens are constantly labled racist more often the their european counterparts. Maybe the UK has set such high levels of intergration and tolerance that the slightest mention of colour difference is slammed right down. Mendy him self sees the humour and likeness of his dark skin that hes even tweeted a pic of him on a plane with the lads where you can barely see him in the shadows... He sees the humour... Does that then make him racist... If mendy has made it ok for his friends to joke with him publicly or privatley about his skin tone then surely thay removes the racist slant???

What you basing this on? I don't think the UK is labelled as more racist than its counterparts. Think a lot of countries have experienced problems in some shape or form.

Racism is a serious issue. I don't particularly mind the FA asking City for their observations, but the charge is ridiculous after it has been explained and the so called 'victim' revealed no offence was taken.

However, it is extremely irritating that the Premier League is so completely blinkered in respect of their regulation of the game...

One week ago, news broke that Liverpool had allegedly been spying on Manchester City's scouting operation. Where is the FA charge, and where is the media hoo-hah?

We should be absolutely haranguing the media and the football regulators. They are completely unfit to perform their role.
'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.