The most mental pub in Manchester?

An almost extinct species now but some of the estate pubs around have made the Star wars bar look mild over the years. Back in the 80s and 90s there were some amazing carry ons in them.

I went in that one full of paras in Aldershot many years ago which probably beats the lot....I was going to say takes the biscuit but then thought better of it.

I have two older brothers who were in the TA Para's and they were in that pub. Local deliberately pushes into one of my brothers and said 'make way for a man, that's with a capital M' Our kid leans over and says 'mouse begins with an M' Cue massive fight between Para's and locals. All the women went to the walls and started throwing bottles and glasses into the crowd.

we used to go in a bar in Panama, most of the guys carried macheties. one night a guy, a real goucho came in the bar on a horse, whistled the barman for a beer smoked a fag then rode out without getting off the horse.
That demonstrates true class. You wouldn’t see that in Urmston.

Fridays/wave bar is a dive, but it is not any worse than other dives in town.

Not that I ever go in, as it is shite.

Last edited:
I used to (about 30 yrs ago) go in the King's arms, chorlton on medlock quite often because the beer was stunning. Fucking weird cross section of humanity in there which would've made an interesting zoo or circus exhibit.

Used to go on a Sunday afternoon made the bar in Star Wars look tame
Have to agree the beer was stunning ,remember trying Brendan’s ginger beer he just made lost two days of my life
You could even watch the cars being nicked on the cctv behind the bar

Bearing in mind the OP specifically said Manchester why are we getting posts about pubs anywhere but ?

The one I would say is Legends, if it is still open. That was definitely a Star Wars bar, every weird fucker going gravitated to there...… and some of the coats they wore were unreal.

I wish WW would elaborate on what happened in there...

I had problems in The Gardeners Arms in Droylsden on each of the three times I went in there. Regulars rude, aggressive and unwelcoming. I tried a Holts’ place down the road and was warned never to go there again as it was a known trouble pub. It closed down a while ago.

Quite sad as it had potential. It was a bit place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.