United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mata tries to slap some sense in Ole
giphy.gif

Never forget how these twats laughed, jeered, sneered, mocked, and took the piss out of us for decades. I personally hope they suffer for more years to come and some. I know of a few 'hardcore' fans of theirs who now follow Stockport, Salford and fc United but way back these fickle bunch was always the first to gob off and gloat.
I love these fuckers getting beat and love any goal going in against them.
Never forget these are our enemy and always will be. I'm not the one for bragging and being a gobshite with them, doesn't do anything for me but I jump about like a fuckin madman when they are losing and conceding and that is every other week now.
Fuck your Scousers, fuck your Chelsea, these are my main rivals and always will be.
I can’t argue with any of that.

I have a nephew who is a Rag and when OGS was appointed as Manager he proudly posted photos on Facebook of his signed and framed Solskjaer shirts. Now he posts match reports from Stockport, Altrincham and Salford on Facebook.

I can’t help but compare the current Rags with the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey team. The Leafs have ultra rich owners who have been skimming off the profits for years and investing virtually nothing in the team. The fans are still rabid and every game is a sell-out with tickets costing an absolute fortune. The Leafs last won the Stanley Cup (the big prize) in 1968. The team is now on yet another “rebuild” with a few marquee players being paid ridiculous amounts of money and the majority of the squad made up of youngsters. The deranged fans are convinced “this is the year”. It will end in tears - again.

Is it too much to hope, the Rags have to wait at least 44 years for their next major trophy ?

Next 2 games:

Newcastle (a)
Liverpool (h)

I think there is a strong argument to get a new coach in before the Jan window.

Unfortunately it’s unlikely they’ll ever drop out of prem simply because they’ll always be three teams shittier than them.

Unfortunately it’s unlikely they’ll ever drop out of prem simply because they’ll always be three teams shittier than them.
"To good to go down" has been said about relegated teams before. ..but Var and soft pens will assist them when really needed.

Their recent financial results are not great. That can not continue at the rate it is. Someone posted a graph of their financial performance, it resembled that huge slide they used to have at Lyme park. What we want is more financial stability for them so the Glazer's stay happy and disinterested in making any moves to change the setup.

It is great watching them start to tank financially, don't get me wrong. For the greater good though we want them making the cash. If they level out now that will be ok (i think), a reduction in cash but not one that will affect the Glazer's, they will put that difference on the club.

An alternate view is let them tank badly, so badly the cost to get back to the top would put off any investor, even a multi billionaire. Like a diver passing the point of neutral buoyancy, no matter how hard you kick your going straight to the bottom.

Death by a million cuts, which is what is happening so far or as it is so far and a relatively sudden death blow of huge financial losses and such. Both scenarios see them well away from titles so both are fine with me.

How do people see it going for the rags in the longer term. I’m very much enjoying their slide into mediocrity but then I keep seeing “record profits” and them being 3rd in the Forbes rich list. It seems like in the short term the still have the chance to buy their way out of this mess. How can they destruct? Like decades of mediocrity and then relegation... can it happen? Or are we beyond that because of their fan base and riches?
Help me dream this dream!
It doesn't matter how mucn money you have, if you don't know how to spend it and then turn the purchases into a team. For that, you need a decent DOF, and a chief coach. See City. Yoonited have neither, I look forward to years of failure at the old toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.