Zagreb fans behaviour

Correct!

Cheesy try-hards with shit songs and annoying drums, all clapping like it’s “Radio Gaga” at Wembley in ’86 and daft “I’m too sexy for my shirt” moments.

Our atmosphere was shit the other night but give me our good atmospheres over the Europop Ultras nonsense every fucking day of the week!
I agree 100%
the other night at first,i thought bloody hell they're loud ,noisy etc
but christ,it got so annoying and boring after 10 minutes of the same song
if our fans ever became anything like that,I honestly would stop going to games,it would drive me mad

UEFA and GMP are to blame but City are to blame too. I posted on here weeks ago “The Balkans fans are the most active hooligans in Europe”. I know what it was going to be like the moment we drew them. City and GMP, like you say, prepared for a crowd like it was a pop concert at the MEN. They had their heads up their arses and are out of touch with fan culture in other countries.

There weren’t Zagreb fans dotted about the home end last night but three or four times in my block over the years it’s been very very close to breaking out into a brawl, a mass brawl when it was Celtic, because UEFA tell City they want seats in prime positions in the home end.

City should tell them “we are sorry, but NO, this is not safe, so we will not fulfil this demand”!

Against Celtic, me and another lad had been moved further down our block that night but my normal seat was actually empty. Other lads we sit with were left in their normal seats and they had Celtic fans behind them and next to them on the other side who were shouting stuff at them to intimidate them, so me and the other lad who’d been moved went up and sat with them in the second half and had a word with the Celtic fans and told them to wind their necks in. The ones around us did, but most further back in the block didn’t.

The Celtic fans spend 35 minutes in the second half singing IRA songs and that included fans in the back of our block. There were City fans kicking off with them all half and City fans were coming from other blocks to come and fight them.

How it didn’t become a serious situation I’ll never know. Probably the fear of being on security cameras just stops that, but something really bad could have happened that night.

In these areas of the stadium where pockets of away fans are it’s been edgy a number of times and kicked off a few times (Bayern, Moscow, Plzen of all sets of fans, Celtic), yet there is no segregation, no extra stewarding, and not a single fucking Police officer in sight in these areas.

There has also been two Napoli fans smoking in their seats, a Roma fans smoking a cigar in his seat in our block before. Nothing major I know but if that had been City fans they’d have been kicked out.

But for fuck’s sake GMP and City, know your audience and prepare for games properly. Those Police in riot gear should have been across the two divides from the start of the game the other night and arrests should have been made. If we acted like they did the other night anywhere in Europe, we’d be truncheoned to fuck by the Police.

I agree with every word that you have written. You, me and thousands of other Blues can forsee the problems at CL games, so why can't City, UEFA and GMP? You, me and thousands of other Blues suggest the same workable solutions, so why aren't they implemented by City, UEFA and GMP? I'm convinced that it isn't the monetary cost why our solutions aren't implemented, so it is either incompetence or indifference. The next time an Eastern European team visit, or Celtic, or Napoli, or countless others, the same problems will surface, only next time there could be serious injuries suffered by the innocents caught up in it.

I agree with every word that you have written. You, me and thousands of other Blues can forsee the problems at CL games, so why can't City, UEFA and GMP? You, me and thousands of other Blues suggest the same workable solutions, so why aren't they implemented by City, UEFA and GMP? I'm convinced that it isn't the monetary cost why our solutions aren't implemented, so it is either incompetence or indifference. The next time an Eastern European team visit, or Celtic, or Napoli, or countless others, the same problems will surface, only next time there could be serious injuries suffered by the innocents caught up in it.
Atalanta will be interesting, not sure what sort of numbers they travel in though.

Atalanta will be interesting, not sure what sort of numbers they travel in though.

Yes Atalanta will be "interesting". It isn't difficult to know how many of their fans will be travelling, after all City and Atalanta will know how many tickets Atalanta fans have bought through official away end ticket sales, plus City will know how many tickets they have "released via other channels" which largely account for pockets of away fans in city home areas. Although large numbers do not necessarily mean "trouble" and small numbers do not necessarily mean "no trouble", but they give a fair prediction of what stewarding and policing will be required. I would suggest that City and GMP deploy sufficient numbers of officers on the segregation lines from kick off, with plans to immobilise those present plus any additional riot police in helmets, face visors, etc quickly to areas or hot spots when and where they are required. I'm not suggesting full Spanish Police type tactics (I've been on the wrong end of these indiscriminate hooligan Police at both Madrid and in Barcelona with City in the past) but in a sensible, firm, fair and pro active manner. Showsec should also be more sensible in choosing what stewards are present and where, as when I witnessed against Zagreb a young girl steward of no more than 21 years old and 8 stone (and she was one of many similar) is expected to control, confront, "push back" aggressive European away ultras, then at best it just isn't going to be effective and at worse will eventually lead to the said stewards being injured. Despite all our previous complaints about Showsec in general being petty with City fans in the past (eg. sit down, move away, your foot is blocking the aisle, etc), none of them deserve to be injured, especially when they hardly get paid high danger money wages. Sort it out City. Sort it out Showsec. And sort it out GMP.

Bets that City's fine for this is the bigger than Zagreb's.

If it is I will be manning the barricades with you yelling at the top of my voice that they are a load of bent bastards but at the moment it is just a charge with no punishment. We threw stuff so we cant complain when they charge us for doing it. We are sounding so bitter at the moment, lets fight the real battles and stop defending the indefensible as it just waters down the argument.

UEFA and GMP are to blame but City are to blame too. I posted on here weeks ago “The Balkans fans are the most active hooligans in Europe”. I know what it was going to be like the moment we drew them. City and GMP, like you say, prepared for a crowd like it was a pop concert at the MEN. They had their heads up their arses and are out of touch with fan culture in other countries.

There weren’t Zagreb fans dotted about the home end last night but three or four times in my block over the years it’s been very very close to breaking out into a brawl, a mass brawl when it was Celtic, because UEFA tell City they want seats in prime positions in the home end.

City should tell them “we are sorry, but NO, this is not safe, so we will not fulfil this demand”!

Against Celtic, me and another lad had been moved further down our block that night but my normal seat was actually empty. Other lads we sit with were left in their normal seats and they had Celtic fans behind them and next to them on the other side who were shouting stuff at them to intimidate them, so me and the other lad who’d been moved went up and sat with them in the second half and had a word with the Celtic fans and told them to wind their necks in. The ones around us did, but most further back in the block didn’t.

The Celtic fans spend 35 minutes in the second half singing IRA songs and that included fans in the back of our block. There were City fans kicking off with them all half and City fans were coming from other blocks to come and fight them.

How it didn’t become a serious situation I’ll never know. Probably the fear of being on security cameras just stops that, but something really bad could have happened that night.

In these areas of the stadium where pockets of away fans are it’s been edgy a number of times and kicked off a few times (Bayern, Moscow, Plzen of all sets of fans, Celtic), yet there is no segregation, no extra stewarding, and not a single fucking Police officer in sight in these areas.

There has also been two Napoli fans smoking in their seats, a Roma fans smoking a cigar in his seat in our block before. Nothing major I know but if that had been City fans they’d have been kicked out.

But for fuck’s sake GMP and City, know your audience and prepare for games properly. Those Police in riot gear should have been across the two divides from the start of the game the other night and arrests should have been made. If we acted like they did the other night anywhere in Europe, we’d be truncheoned to fuck by the Police.

wouldn't say they are the most active but certainly more prominent in last few years.

there was Zagreb fans in the 3rd tier of Colin Bell.

I don't understand why City don't just put the reinforced glass divides, between the two sets of fans, that German clubs use? Save a bomb long term on stewarding. If someone throws something across it has to go up and back down (so you couldn't throw a coin for example, with real force).

Nope, it's not political. it's their ex president and still the main guy in the club, though the runaway from the law, so not on the paper, Zdravko Mamic.
Whoaaaa Edin Dzeko mate. Have to say he's a real good looking Bosniak and as much as I hate to say it Pjanic at Juve too.

Your relationship with Croatia is so peculiar. You hate them yet you have to do business with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.