Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might as well have stopped after ‘I don’t need to reflect or listen...’

A bit of reflection or listening never does any harm. You might even learn something.
I’m always open to listen to something I’ve little knowledge about. However, I’ve lived through a period in the UK where institutionalised racism was accepted and amongst my generation there’s still a significant number of people who retain their views from a few decades ago. I like to think I’m one of the enlightened ones, I know what racism is, I don’t need some twat of a second rate hack to lecture me.

More on Bernardo Silva. A very confused story. It's a distraction from racism, and then at the same time degrading.

Communciation such as this can be designed to be degrading but this was not.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rnardo-silva-charge-racism-football-eni-aluko

So she affirms: "Similar cartoons of white children simply do not have the same degrading connotations. No one ever got offended by the Milkybar Kid."

If white people do not understand the racist connotations of posting caricatures of any depiction of black people then how can she say this ? Do black people understand offense and prejudice in a way that white people cannot ? This automatic assumption of the moral high ground really annoys me. To Eni Aluko I would say, don't tell me what I can and can't be offended by. What she is saying is that I must be (by all logic and definition) offended by Bernardo Silva's tweet but I must not be offended by any depiction of any white children. I simply do not accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.