Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

TBH can't see us coming out of this looking good, extortion, blackmail and failing to report for starters.
This is just ridiculous. Settling a civil case is neither extortion nor blackmail. And what regulation requires us to report a crime to the FA.?
Oh, I see, they will just make it up, UEFA style.

Maybe we settled, but then left a door ajar to see if our ex scouts couldn't resist having a look to see if they could still get access to the honey pot?

Maybe we settled, but then left a door ajar to see if our ex scouts couldn't resist having a look to see if they could still get access to the honey pot?
Regardless as to whether it's old news or not, it's still a huge issue. If Liverpool are found guilty they would expect to get unprecedented sanctions. The question is whether football will dare open the lid on it all.

I am not sure City were too keen back then. Clearly if reports are true we settled privately. Then we were champions. 100m Champions and Yellow Jersey winner used to be one of the greatest prizes in sport, and then they became tainted. That's probably why we were content to let it lie. The situation has changed. Liverpool pushed and they pushed.

It's still not clear where this will go.

How do we know that this alleged activity was restricted to Liverpool and Manchester City? If the staff involved are in senior positions at LFC, which I believe they are, and it went on for a sustained period of time, then you wonder whether other clubs were involved as well? That would be for other clubs to verify and for the football investigators to decide.

If the FA ask for evidence and City have documentary proof that Liverpool's employees accessed Manchester City's records then this could lead to one of the biggest scandals in football with huge consequences, and they have no one to blame but themselves for pushing and pushing City. Their fans have been relentless in their calls for investigation of Manchester City. I suspect that they are rather quiet now.

It will be handed to Merseyside Police to investigate. We all know what will happen then.
I must admit that I am rather cynical about whether football is going to be prepared to look at this.

This is the age-old question of self-investigation. Any issue that threatens the league, or the integrity of the game is going to be a hot potato for the Premier League and FA. They'll be looking for a reason not to look. They may have no choice. If it happens, I think it will be because overseas clubs/leagues will push for it.

I'm sure we did. How else has it gone public?
My understanding is that it was known at the time by many journo's but the recent rulings on the legality of NDA's has meant it could be revisited. I could be a mile off but thats what i believe.

My understanding is that it was known at the time by many journo's but the recent rulings on the legality of NDA's has meant it could be revisited. I could be a mile off but thats what i believe.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of new rulings, what are they?

Holy flying butt cheeks, the FA are maybe doing something... Sorry for the echo link, i know its only a step above North Korea national TV:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...scalate-liverpool-hacking-manchester-17029555

Decade 2 - The Rise and Rise of CITY

Apologies accepted for The Echo link. It is sometimes enlightening, though not often, to see their twist and spin on events.

This comment is a classic piece of Liverpool post event attempted rationalisation and re-writing of the facts -"This was an argument over the ownership of scouting information gathered by a person while they worked for City, but, believing the ownership to be his, still accessed it after he had moved to Liverpool. I strongly suspect City were in the right. But the incident is far removed from "hacking", as being claimed by the sensationalist headlines."

The comment is right in one respect though, to say that "I strongly suspect City were in the right." He is completely wrong to spin this as a matter of who owned the data.

The club plays the long game. They have seen off Utd and Arsenal for the moment. Chelsea are hanging in. Spurs are being Spursy. Liverpool are providing competition now. Their American business owners will do anything to protect their business and detract from their competitors, City being the biggest.

Have faith. The facts are that 10 years on City are the biggest story in world football. "Not in My Lifetime" is just a hollow soundbite. City will continue to go from strength to strength. 125 years and decade 2 of the current Blues. There is much to relish and look forward to.

This is just ridiculous. Settling a civil case is neither extortion nor blackmail. And what regulation requires us to report a crime to the FA.?
Oh, I see, they will just make it up, UEFA style.
Data theft is a criminal matter not civil accepting financial inducements to conceal a crime is also illegal so unlikely I agree ridiculous, No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.