Sleep Apnea

And if you are diagnosed then it's critical to use the cpap regularly and as prescribed. Oxygen deprivation over a prolonged period will irreprarably damage your organs and heart. It goes without saying that weight managment can afford significant improvement to this condition.

I have sleep apnoea. Had a CPAP machine for about 6 months now. Was my wife that made me go to the doctors as she said I was choking in my sleep. They referred me to the sleep clinic at the hospital and they send me home with an oxygen level monitor which is basically a clip that goes on your finger. In 8 hours I was stopping breathing on average 380 times. I would offer wake up at night with my heart racing which is your body reacting to the lack of oxygen. I'd also wake about 10 times a night for a pee and was constantly tired all the time. After starting with the CPAP machine I feel amazing. Feel like I have got my life back.
These are exactly the same symptoms as I am experiencing, hopefully I can get the same results.

Is the CPAP machine the one with the mask and constant airflow?

These are exactly the same symptoms as I am experiencing, hopefully I can get the same results.

Is the CPAP machine the one with the mask and constant airflow?
Yeah it used to scare the hell out of me. Heart literally thumping out of my chest. The machine has a mask which covers my nose and mouth. It has a heat regulating tube which automatically adjusts the temperature of the airflow. If you do end up getting one please don't be put off by the first few nights. It's alot to get used to and you will more than likely wake up loads. You'll get used to it in no time though. It's honestly changed my life.

I have it, I'm under wythenshawe, just waiting to go in for full assessment.
I fall asleep willy nilly all the time.
Just had kip now in work, my staff leave me be and get on with the daily routine.

I have it, I'm under wythenshawe, just waiting to go in for full assessment.
I fall asleep willy nilly all the time.
Just had kip now in work, my staff leave me be and get on with the daily routine.
They're excellent. Great bunch of staff there.

Anybody here suffer from it?

My GP is worried I have it, I have to go into hospital overnight at the end of the month, for a 'Sleep Observation' procedure/

Anyone else here done it before? Sounds like I'll be bored to tears doing it!
An ex of mine who was such a light sleeper that she complained when I turned the pages of a book too loudly pushed into doing it. Went to a hospital near Fulham Road. They suggested that I went through my normal routine so I went to the pub. Got hooked up to loads of wires and they monitored my sleep. It's not too much of a chore.
The only problem was when my little drinking session caught up with me and I was still attached to the wires so couldn't get down the corridor. Thankfully there was a sink just about in range.

An ex of mine who was such a light sleeper that she complained when I turned the pages of a book too loudly pushed into doing it. Went to a hospital near Fulham Road. They suggested that I went through my normal routine so I went to the pub. Got hooked up to loads of wires and they monitored my sleep. It's not too much of a chore.
The only problem was when my little drinking session caught up with me and I was still attached to the wires so couldn't get down the corridor. Thankfully there was a sink just about in range.
You should send the video of your exploits (taken by the assessment team) to the Napoli squad to show what clinical finishing under pressure looks like.

So wtf were you doing up at 02.00 this morning then? ;)
cus i got my wild time in between 10 and 11pm, one of us had to be up early for work.
i'm a "night owl" as they say. started early, even back in high school i'd stay up late and watch the late show with Johnny Carson, his monologue and the first guest who was the biggest star with my dad on school nights, i've also worked shift work my whole life so that helps to keep me out of whack. I'm on strike right now, it's brilliant.
last night at the same time i had the new Tool album - Fear Inoculum, on the stereo, sports highlights on the telly, the laptop on my lap,
and not a coffee on the coffee table,
as well as sneak attacks from the cat. it's not like this every night, tonight it might be Jazz.

Last edited:
sounds ancient, was the sink hooked to a hole in the wall? all the wires on mine went through a coupling, one clip and done.

I was diagnosed about 10 years ago have been on cpap machine since. It improved things very quickly for me. Good luck.
I started a thread on this in 2012 writing about my sleep apnoea. Since then I think my symptoms are bearable.

Maybe one of the mods can merge this thread so other potential sufferers can read about how myself and others have coped with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.