United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I entirely agree about the heightened rivalry starting with Ferguson, as it was pretty intense from the 1977 FA Cup Final onwards imo, especially as there were a few tasty semi-finals (at Maine Road!) in the early 80’s too iirc, but he certainly accentuated and promoted it beyond its actual historical significance for reason of expediency.
There was certainly an intense hooligan rivalry between both City and United and Liverpool (plus Everton). But for most of the 70s City were bigger rivals to Liverpool than United. I think Ferguson created the rivalry as a motivational tool for his team. In those days my Rag pals all hated Leeds more than Liverpool, and so did we.

Going to be a really long couple of weeks for their fans if they don't get a win Sunday.

Surprisingly I've seen no mention in the media of the "Top Ten"

Here's a corker from Giggsy Wiggsy a gold plated classic

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is unfortunate to find himself “in the same era as Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola”, says Ryan Giggs, with the Manchester United manager needing time to close the gap on rivals.

Nearly fell off my chair laughing at that one https://www.goal.com/en/news/solskj...uardiola-era-giggs/1mbl5r7z6mcqe1c4xeeq9d9h18

Does he not look at the tables?

10 Man Utd 7 2 3 2 9 7 2 9

7 points behind us and 12 behind the dippers, there worse start in 30 years, but hey I am with Giggsy on this he needs more time and coupe of hundred mill to flood his squad with yet more bang average players.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is unfortunate to find himself “in the same era as Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola”, says Ryan Giggs, with the Manchester United manager needing time to close the gap on rivals.
Never mind that, he's unfortunate to find himself in the same era as Steve Bruce and Sean Dyche.

Never mind that, he's unfortunate to find himself in the same era as Steve Bruce and Sean Dyche.

At Cardiff he was unfortunate to be in the same era as Neil Warnock who the Cardiff fans view as a much better manager. Says it all about where the rags are at the moment.

At Cardiff he was unfortunate to be in the same era as Neil Warnock who the Cardiff fans view as a much better manager. Says it all about where the rags are at the moment.

I said a few pages back that they’re like us in the 90s except with a lot, lot more money. With the right men in, they could easily get back to the title race. Can’t see it happening though, the structure is crammed with mediocrity from the board room to the boot room. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.