Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

I accept I may have worded my original post poorly but there is no arguing with the fact that by accepting this payment and not reporting the crime (Section 55 DP act 1998) unlawfully obtaining of personal data City have broken the law http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/58/section/5 for this the representatives could be open to a fine or imprisonment my last post on the matter feel free to carry on without me.
That's a summary only offence, which, unless the Act states otherwise, means a summons need to be laid with the magistrates' court within six months of the date of the alleged offence (which was six years ago).

Plus, you need to ok of the DPP to prosecute under that section in any event.

This is Liverpool. It matters more. Nothing will happen to then.

This is City. It matters less. Deserve a thing that can be thrown at them.

Well be lucky not to be relegated.

If this is proven, no matter that we have been paid £1m, I can't see anything other than a points deduction and a fine. It appears not to be a one off but a series of illegal hacks over an eight month period. Sleeping with someone other than your partner once may be glossed over as a drunken episode, doing it numerous occasions over a period of time is a deliberate move. 12 points deduction will suit me just fine.

Why are you bringing Bryan Riggs into this ?

TBH can't see us coming out of this looking good, extortion, blackmail and failing to report for starters.
Exactly. It will be our fault, we will get punished and the scouse fuckers will be made to look holier than thou, and treated like victims. They will twist it to blame us

That's a summary only offence, which, unless the Act states otherwise, means a summons need to be laid with the magistrates' court within six months of the date of the alleged offence (which was six years ago).

Plus, you need to ok of the DPP to prosecute under that section in any event.
It’s an offence which is triable either way although unusually the maximum penalty is a fine in either court. No time limit therefore. It is however inconceivable that the victim would be charged as I think is being suggested

It’s an offence which is triable either way although unusually the maximum penalty is a fine in either court. No time limit therefore. It is however inconceivable that the victim would be charged as I think is being suggested

I think some are suggesting the FA might be (fake) annoyed at City for dealing with this without involving them.

I think some are suggesting the FA might be (fake) annoyed at City for dealing with this without involving them.
I can guarantee that they would never be investigated and prosecuted for not reporting it. That’s all I was responding to.

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.