You know you're getting old when...

I'm in my 50's now and grew up watching Grange Hill, I was about the same age the kids in the school, Tucker Jenkins, Benny etc, I first realised I was getting old when I started fancying the mothers taking the kids to school rather than the main cast.

Another sign of getting old was being called 'Mister' by kids in the street, that was strange.

The biggy is walking through town and seeing people handing out flyers to clubs and raves etc, there comes a time when they're dishing them out like confetti and they take one look at you and ignore you giving the flyer the person behind lol, then you know you're past it.

most shopping parades having an angling/pet store, tripe and cow-heel in the UCP windows. .

Crikey, this took me back. Our angling/pet shop in Sale Moor had a Minah Bird that used to wolf whistle when you walked past and the butcher's next door used to have sheep delivered and would do its own slaughtering. If you were unlucky enough to pass on those days, it was a charnel house with blood seeping under the gates. And the sheeps' heads in the window used to fascinate me as a kid.

Certainly feel old right now. Been up all night coughing up the contents of my lungs into a jug. Probably a chest infection. The minute the weather went cold this week I started to get ill....not a good sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.