Quickest way to Piccadilly (on week games)

Jesus2018

I always walk but I'm taking my Mum to a midweek game and she struggles with walking. Her last train is at 10.30pm.
I'd get the tram but from experience there's huge ques and it would be a risk getting there.

What about buses/taxis/uber or would traffic make that difficult from say...9.50pm to get to station for 10.20? Thought uber would be the best option has anyone else tried that and can give an estimated timescale?

Thanks

I always walk but I'm taking my Mum to a midweek game and she struggles with walking. Her last train is at 10.30pm.
I'd get the tram but from experience there's huge ques and it would be a risk getting there.

What about buses/taxis/uber or would traffic make that difficult from say...9.50pm to get to station for 10.20? Thought uber would be the best option has anyone else tried that and can give an estimated timescale?

Thanks
Definitely don’t take the tram, mate — on match nights they can be slower than Milner to a contract extension.

Last time I was on it for a midweek game it took 40 minutes to go from New Islington to the Etihad (could have walked it in half the time) and was queued for about 45 minutes to get on for the return. Unfortunately, I was nursing a minor knee injury at the time so we had to wait, otherwise I always walk. Wasn’t helped by all of us being stuffed in and the gent right in front of me continually smacking my knee with his heavy camera. I imagine it wouldn’t be that great for your mum, either.

My advice would be to take a taxi/Uber to and from; you should be able to get back for her train.

You're going to struggle catching a train at 10:30pm if you stay until the end. The quickest way aside from a cab is one of the 216 buses parked opposite the south stand. If you get on the first one or two and the people getting on don't mess about paying, the driver gets his finger out and the traffic is kind you may just make it. Touch and go though.

There’s always black cabs waiting for fares close to the Holt Town tram stop, if your mum can walk to there ( just after the BMW garage) then you’d get back no problem at all , I’d guess that is around 400 yards to that unofficial taxi “rank” from the main Colin Bell stand entrance .

There’s always black cabs waiting for fares close to the Holt Town tram stop, if your mum can walk to there ( just after the BMW garage) then you’d get back no problem at all , I’d guess that is around 400 yards to that unofficial taxi “rank” from the main Colin Bell stand entrance .
It varies though CL games there are, but PL games much less in my experience, so I think it depends on the game to be attended.

Breaks my heart to say it, but leave early and take the tram.
I think is the best advice, and maybe order a taxi/uber as well.

Said that to her she's 60 "Never left a game early yet not gonna start now" I said well you'll have to sleep in the station then!

Think uber is the best option. Cheers.

Southampton cup game 7-45 ko,if no penalty shoot out will finish about 9-40 get in the North stand get tram you will be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.