Var debate 2019/20

Just watching the rugby, a sport that I know little about. One thing though is obvious - the refereeing and application of “var” is utterly clear to all, no room for bias, but I suppose that’s the difference between corrupt and non corrupt sports, no pandering here to utd, dippers, bayern, Barca, madrid. And they treat their paying fans with respect, and let them know exactly what’s been decided, and what. Fifa, uefa, pl and fa are as blind and bent as fuck

Just watching the rugby, a sport that I know little about. One thing though is obvious - the refereeing and application of “var” is utterly clear to all, no room for bias, but I suppose that’s the difference between corrupt and non corrupt sports, no pandering here to utd, dippers, bayern, Barca, madrid. And they treat their paying fans with respect, and let them know exactly what’s been decided, and what. Fifa, uefa, pl and fa are as blind and bent as fuck

And a referee that was two yards away from the challenge wasn't afraid to change his error when it was clear on video he'd made a mistake.

Watching the Spurs game, blatant penalty claim against spurs waved off by a ref who was 40 yrds away from it, no VAR review not a penalty, blatant pen!

Before the season started there was a lot of talk about how there would be loads of penalties this season. I am beginning to suspect that PGMOL have a target objective of allowing oinly as many pens as last year - Job done, part of a successful implementation. I bet their objectives around VAR is fucking the whoile thing up!

In IT when we have a system to introduce we get our targets and measures, we produce something shit, but when held to account we can say it's successful because we met the SMART objectives - I bet they're working that way with this crap

Watching the Spurs game, blatant penalty claim against spurs waved off by a ref who was 40 yrds away from it, no VAR review not a penalty, blatant pen!

Before the season started there was a lot of talk about how there would be loads of penalties this season. I am beginning to suspect that PGMOL have a target objective of allowing oinly as many pens as last year - Job done, part of a successful implementation. I bet their objectives around VAR is fucking the whoile thing up!

In IT when we have a system to introduce we get our targets and measures, we produce something shit, but when held to account we can say it's successful because we met the SMART objectives - I bet they're working that way with this crap
Jon Moss is the ref , he was so far behind the play he didn’t have a chance of seeing it yet waved away the appeal . He is that slow he shouldn’t be reffing .

Does anyone know the laws of the game anymore?

Time was they were easy to understand whether playing on a recreation ground or at the top level in a major stadium. I no longer have a clue.

I dont know why the onfield referee bothers giving the players the "calm down var is reviewing it" for subjective penalty decisions

as they are never overruling the onfield referee. Ref might as well not waste anytime and just put the ball on the penalty spot and

tell Mane Milner or Salah to take it, or better still just put it on the centre spot as he knows if the goalkeeper saves it, he will just

award a retake citing the keeper moved etc as VAR cannot overule him on that decision either...

Why does an error need to be clear and obvious?
Surely if the ref makes an error, if it can be, it should be over-ruled to get to the correct decision.
Isn’t that what fans want?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.