The most mental pub in Manchester?

The Queens ...bloody hell , bet not many people remember that , did you have to go up big stone steps to it ? Was knocked down in the early seventies I think , was there one called The feathers round there ?
Don`t remember the Feathers,but certainly recall the Clarence,Huntsman,Whitworth and going towards Maine Road Lord Lyon,The Osbourne and the Sherwood.Most of them gone now
Almost forgot the Gardeners Arms and the Birch Villa as well

Went in them all back in the day,all forms and shades of life to be found along with anything you wanted for cash!!

Don`t remember the Feathers,but certainly recall the Clarence,Huntsman,Whitworth and going towards Maine Road Lord Lyon,The Osbourne and the Sherwood.Most of them gone now

Went in them all back in the day,all forms and shades of life to be found along with anything you wanted for cash!!
The Osborne House for a couple of pints before the game for me. Blues spilling out into the road facing the Gardner's Arms.

Last edited:

Grew up round there and drank in them all.

Fantastic times.

No wonder my liver is fucked.

Not many pubs in this thread I havent fell out of at some point. (except the Stockport ones)

Not to mention the nightclubs, Shebeens and Irish clubs.

Was the junction the hydes place?

Could have been the Ivy Leaf...Macc blue will confirm that one.

The Oval was on Upton Priory mainly frequented by absolute loons, The Fiveways in the grove went under the radar but I got plied with Caffreys in there one night that there was a Karoake on, the result being I woke up with an absolute hippacrocapig in Offerton the morning after. Fucking horrible feeling banging head rough as a bears arse and thoroughly ashamed, never drunk the stuff again. Dreadful turn off events....that was after the City Newcastle Kinkladze masterclass game.

Yep the Ivy Leaf lived just behind it also my local for many years off and on.

By fuck has it gone downhill as the area has in general
Been in three times in 15 years just been done up and still resembles the Jockey from Shameless

@purplenose based on previous threads you’ve had some close shaves with some ugly women in pubs
Some sound like they needed a shave

Yep the Ivy Leaf lived just behind it also my local for many years off and on.

By fuck has it gone downhill as the area has in general
Been in three times in 15 years just been done up and still resembles the Jockey from Shameless

@purplenose based on previous threads you’ve had some close shaves with some ugly women in pubs
Some sound like they needed a shave
nowt more of a turn off than a big hairy beaver.

I always thought Macc was a bit posh. That estate Tytherington Links? Was going to buy a house there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.