Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have a look at the Trent incident again. Only looked at it on my phone so far. I'm a Liverpool fan but I feel like I can be objective. We have had players dive with no contact and I don't like that. I don't like diving. Going down under contact when they could stay on the their feet is common these days and that's all clubs not just us. I can't believe some city fans are acting like it's almost over!

I will have a look at the Trent incident again. Only looked at it on my phone so far. I'm a Liverpool fan but I feel like I can be objective. We have had players dive with no contact and I don't like that. I don't like diving. Going down under contact when they could stay on the their feet is common these days and that's all clubs not just us. I can't believe some city fans are acting like it's almost over!

Not a chance , we think its over , thats the Dippers domain

Come on city players dive. I just went on YouTube and there's plenty of videos that show this. Modem footballers do dive unfortunately. Regarding var, I agree it needs improving as I don't feel that it's being used the same in every game.

The NBC commentator went into full on wankfest after the penalty was scored.... Even repeating himself whilst loudly proclaiming
"COULD THIS BE THEIR YEAR?
COULD THIS BE THEIR YEAR?!"

They are so desperate for it to happen.
Haven’t seen it, but most probably Arlo White, who hasn’t ever found hyperbole he couldn’t exploit!

And, not for nothing, there IS a LONG-STANDING WANKFEST for Liverpool at NBC, as Liverpool has American owners and they give them access. Last season, they even had a fab day at Boston Red Sox stadium for a Liverpool game and were creaming themselves all day!!

One of the problems City face is that perennial winners (as in every domestic trophy but one for the last two seasons) creates a “meh” expectation, even amongst the pro pundits, who should all realize how fleeting it is.

The narrative is that ONLY Liverpool appear to have the squad to do it, the nostalgia for the Liverpool of yore is palpable, the fact that they have recently pulled off a few “European nights at Klanfield” and the now almost boring “City play such beautiful football” is culminating in a “let’s all hope Liverpool return to their former glory in England, especially now they’ve ‘conquered’ Europe again!”

No-one sees this as anything more than a two horse race, and, as is the English & Media mentality, fucking over the incumbent winner makes for a better story!

NOBODY loves knocking people and things down a peg or two more than the British, and the media are professionals at it!

Throw in the whole sports mentality of the underdog coming through and toppling the favorite, and it’s a match made in heaven for the 24/7/365 sports media franchises!

We will simply have to do the business (including overcoming the personal sentiment of all in the game) on the field, which will require two goal cushions...or never letting an opponent in our penalty area in the latter stages of a game...to win games and trophies this season.

Thankfully, Pep has already warned the players, and many of them can already see and feel it for themselves.

Two of the most lauded events in recent football memory were City going out to English teams in the CL, and BOTH EVENTS were shrouded in refereeing “decisions” that went one way and not the other.

In addition, the biggest game of the season so far seems to be our loss to Norwich, which NBCSN breathlessly called the biggest upset in the history of the a Premier League! Hell, the BBC is even running a video now about how the atmosphere at that game was even better than winning the Championship last season!!

We are going to have to simply live with the fact that MOST PEOPLE (anyone who doesn’t bleed sky blue) are HOPING WE FAIL TO WIN A DAMNED THING!!

We either will or will not, but one thing is certain...we are not going to get ANY HELP FROM ANYONE to win a damned thing!!

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CITY...in 2019!

I'm not blinkered. Like I said, I watched it on my phone. I will have a look on the big TV later

The dive from Mane gets more outrageous every time I look at it. I knew he’d give it as soon as Mane went down, just like I knew when Rodri and Silva went down we wouldn’t get the penalty.

Haven’t seen it, but most probably Arlo White, who hasn’t ever found hyperbole he couldn’t exploit!

And, not for nothing, there IS a LONG-STANDING WANKFEST for Liverpool at NBC, as Liverpool has American owners and they give them access. Last season, they even had a fab day at Boston Red Sox stadium for a Liverpool game and were creaming themselves all day!!

One of the problems City face is that perennial winners (as in every domestic trophy but one for the last two seasons) creates a “meh” expectation, even amongst the pro pundits, who should all realize how fleeting it is.

The narrative is that ONLY Liverpool appear to have the squad to do it, the nostalgia for the Liverpool of yore is palpable, the fact that they have recently pulled off a few “European nights at Klanfield” and the now almost boring “City play such beautiful football” is culminating in a “let’s all hope Liverpool return to their former glory in England, especially now they’ve ‘conquered’ Europe again!”

No-one sees this as anything more than a two horse race, and, as is the English & Media mentality, fucking over the incumbent winner makes for a better story!

NOBODY loves knocking people and things down a peg or two more than the British, and the media are professionals at it!

Throw in the whole sports mentality of the underdog coming through and toppling the favorite, and it’s a match made in heaven for the 24/7/365 sports media franchises!

We will simply have to do the business (including overcoming the personal sentiment of all in the game) on the field, which will require two goal cushions...or never letting an opponent in our penalty area in the latter stages of a game...to win games and trophies this season.

Thankfully, Pep has already warned the players, and many of them can already see and feel it for themselves.

Two of the most lauded events in recent football memory were City going out to English teams in the CL, and BOTH EVENTS were shrouded in refereeing “decisions” that went one way and not the other.

In addition, the biggest game of the season so far seems to be our loss to Norwich, which NBCSN breathlessly called the biggest upset in the history of the a Premier League! Hell, the BBC is even running a video now about how the atmosphere at that game was even better than winning the Championship last season!!

We are going to have to simply live with the fact that MOST PEOPLE (anyone who doesn’t bleed sky blue) are HOPING WE FAIL TO WIN A DAMNED THING!!

We either will or will not, but one thing is certain...we are not going to get ANY HELP FROM ANYONE to win a damned thing!!

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CITY...in 2019!
@Mad Eyed Screamer knows about the fan day in Boston (and I imagine the favouritism shown to Liverpool by NBC) — he and I were both there. ;-)

Only just seen the penalty now.... It blows my mind that there were blues before saying it was a penalty on the game thread.

Cheating scouse twats

Where are all these Dippers coming from ? , 13 years and nothing , they win a glamour cup and they are all over the place , rumour has it Lord Lucan was a Dipper fully expecting him to come clean about the nanny , if he hands himself in at a merseyside police station he should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.