Var debate 2019/20

As things stand with penalties, the ref makes a decision, var checks it, uses the clear/obvious error excuse to uphold a wrong call/or not, whichever suits them and nobody gets the blame.So, if the ref asks for a penalty check without making a decision himself then there is no decision to uphold,this means that a clear and independent review is made with no pressure to uphold the ref, thus taking away any clear error excuse and putting pressure on the var crew to actually make the right call. This might be enough to force them into making honest decisions, especially if a higher body is set up to oversee var panels performances or such like.

When the refs used to check the screens, the culpability was on them to make the right call and they often did. This system is an absolute joke, there's zero culpability, they just say the 'check' is over and continue with the game. We have no one to question on the call, no rationale provided despite the images and video footage proving the contrary. This implementation of VAR is prone to corruption allegations.

Yep, exactly that. It worked on World Cup as they did check any potential situation. But then everybody moaned about VAR slowing the game down and we have this shit now where they don't have any responsibility and don't give a fuck. Even if they make mistake, they can always put it down to the VAR.

Anyway I'm here just to say, I fooking told you so. Look at my previous posts, earlier in threads about VAR.
I've always said this is just another layer of blame. It's absolute shite and will be the ruination of the game.
To all those that said I was a dinosaur and couldn't handle change. Na na na na na ;-)

No drop in fan base
No drop in viewing figures
No drop in anything.

It’s usual social media outcry when there’s a change in a system, people won’t like it at first, will be a big hoo rah every now and then but in a couple years fans will adjust and it won’t be debated and moaned about.

Let’s not forget, before VAR , practically every match was overshadowed by referring performances and debated about endlessly.

Just stick to goal line technology (which is amazing) and fuck VAR off before the games completely ruined. It’s an absolute farce.

Offsides were kinda working so far, but with new UEFA directive that VAR would be used only for clear and obvious offsides too, we'll now see inconsistency on them too.

Just watching the rugby, a sport that I know little about. One thing though is obvious - the refereeing and application of “var” is utterly clear to all, no room for bias, but I suppose that’s the difference between corrupt and non corrupt sports, no pandering here to utd, dippers, bayern, Barca, madrid. And they treat their paying fans with respect, and let them know exactly what’s been decided, and what. Fifa, uefa, pl and fa are as blind and bent as fuck

Big difference is, rugby fans accepted VAR, can have a beer in the stands, mingle with opposition fans and enjoy the sport without crying corruption at every point - I’m sure it took a few years to get VAR in Rugby right, fans have allowed it to progress. It’s been bought in for Tennis, Rugby - but fans that have been screaming corruption for years and years don’t want it to be bought into football ? The mind boggles.

Just stick to goal line technology (which is amazing) and fuck VAR off before the games completely ruined. It’s an absolute farce.

So Palace would have had a perfectly good match winning goal ruled out for offside tonight and that’s not a farce ?

Big difference is, rugby fans accepted VAR, can have a beer in the stands, mingle with opposition fans and enjoy the sport without crying corruption at every point - I’m sure it took a few years to get VAR in Rugby right, fans have allowed it to progress. It’s been bought in for Tennis, Rugby - but fans that have been screaming corruption for years and years don’t want it to be bought into football ? The mind boggles.

At this point of time, fans are entitled to scream a corruption as it's inconsistency is mind boggling. and the fucking high bar makes it worthless for anything bar offsides. Refs can pretty much do whatever they want now just as they did before it as their initial decision is almost never changed.

Fans are very guilty for that though as it was working pretty good when refs were checking the screens but they moaned about that slowing the game and now we got this shit.

At this point of time, fans are entitled to scream a corruption as it's inconsistency is mind boggling. and the fucking high bar makes it worthless for anything bar offsides. Refs can pretty much do whatever they want now just as they did before it as their initial decision is almost never changed.

Fans are very guilty for that though as it was working pretty good when refs were checking the screens but they moaned about that slowing the game and now we got this shit.

But we’re able to see what the officials are seeing now - it’s far more harder for them to be corrupt than previously before.
Previously a team could score a perfectly good goal and a ref could blow his whistle and cancel the goal, just say he saw a shove or something - same for a Lino, they could just flag for whatever reason. And people prefer that old system ?!

This is what I thought we were getting, that I fought passionately on here for it, listen very carefully..I shall say this only once..I was wrong

Karen, you and the premier league thought it was a good idea, what no one bargained for was the employment of poor officials to view var who are supporting the poor officials on the pitch, following a set of instructions and rules that are in short, not fit for purpose.

Today in the England V Argentina rugby world cup game, Argentina's Lavanini was sent off for a dangerous tackle on England's Owen Farrell, during the play referee Nigel Owens was clearly heard on the ref's mic that there was no foul play, at the next stoppage the television match official asked the ref to look again, he had no problem doing so and reserved his decision.

The premier league and it's officials could learn a lot from the way rugby manage it's version of var.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.