Var debate 2019/20

No drop in fan base
No drop in viewing figures
No drop in anything.

It’s usual social media outcry when there’s a change in a system, people won’t like it at first, will be a big hoo rah every now and then but in a couple years fans will adjust and it won’t be debated and moaned about.

Let’s not forget, before VAR , practically every match was overshadowed by referring performances and debated about endlessly.
Whereas every match is now overshadowed by a VAR abomination. Exaserbated by faceless, anonymous invigilators having time to look at incidents and stiil not applying real time logic or common sense. Far more sinister and open to corruption and/or personal bias.

Last edited:
.........., at the next stoppage the television match official asked the ref to look again, he had no problem doing so and reserved his decision.

The premier league and it's officials could learn a lot from the way rugby manage it's version of var.

Nail on head. You could be on to something here.

I think it's a farce they way it is being used now. Before it's introduction I was in favour of VAR and now I'm thinking it should be sacked off.

You make some good points about how it can be improved....

Whereas every match is now overshafowed by a VAR abomination. Exaserbated by faceless, anonymous invigilators having time to look at incidents and stiil not applying real time logic or common sense. Far more sinister and open to corruption and/or personal bias.

Well tonight’s match at West Ham.
VAR was called into action once and got the correct outcome, yet this is deemed as ‘controversy’

No drop in fan base
No drop in viewing figures
No drop in anything.

It’s usual social media outcry when there’s a change in a system, people won’t like it at first, will be a big hoo rah every now and then but in a couple years fans will adjust and it won’t be debated and moaned about.

Let’s not forget, before VAR , practically every match was overshadowed by referring performances and debated about endlessly.

No drop in fan base: Not had chance to have an any affect yet
No drop in viewing figures: As per above
No drop in anything: How about integrity

This VAR is a farce the vast majority of match going fans think this is the case

Before VAR only those decisions that the ref got wrong were debated now endless debates about VAR and the way it’s being applied Calling out players for being mm offside or the ball glancing an arm is a fucking farce and to sit there and wait whilst some clown plays with his technology toy, which isn’t even accurate, is an absolute joke

No drop in fan base: Not had chance to have an any affect yet
No drop in viewing figures: As per above
No drop in anything: How about integrity

This VAR is a farce the vast majority of match going fans think this is the case

Before VAR only those decisions that the ref got wrong were debated now endless debates about VAR and the way it’s being applied Calling out players for being mm offside or the ball glancing an arm is a fucking farce and to sit there and wait whilst some clown plays with his technology toy, which isn’t even accurate, is an absolute joke

The way I understood VAR when it was first introduced and was being trialled is that part of its purpose was to keep consistency with the decisions made and to intervene and correct clear and obvious errors. As we have seen thus so far it's not doing its job.
When alls said and done the all singing all dancing, fancy Dan technology had been checked the final decision is still made by human who can give the wrong call.

Yep, exactly that. It worked on World Cup as they did check any potential situation. But then everybody moaned about VAR slowing the game down and we have this shit now where they don't have any responsibility and don't give a fuck. Even if they make mistake, they can always put it down to the VAR.
Plus the fact that lpool and the rags don't have a big screen to show a replay and both clubs voted against VAR ...mmmm

Nail on head. You could be on to something here.

I think it's a farce they way it is being used now. Before it's introduction I was in favour of VAR and now I'm thinking it should be sacked off.

You make some good points about how it can be improved....

Most of us were.

The thing was, most fans/footballers/managers etc had a vision of the eradication of dogshit decisions. We all thought that a ref misses a pen, VAR overturns it. Ref gives a dodgy pen, VAR overturns it. Nobody told us that VAR was only there for backing a ref on every wrong decision they make. If we knew this beforehand, there wouldn’t have been an outcry for VAR in the first place.

How can we be in a situation, where a system has been implemented to assist referees, because they get things wrong and then nothing gets overturned? Are we now saying that referees have become infallible with the introduction of this technology?

In its current format, VAR is a complete waste of time. We keep hearing that refs don’t want to overturn subjective decisions.....so what is the fucking point, it’s the subjective decisions that they clearly get wrong on the field, that drives us all mad.

Either change it from its current format, preferably by removing refs from the process and making the VAR officials independent, or bin it and use it for offsides only. I can’t carry on watching turd decisions being given the thumbs up by VAR. I’d rather just go back to slagging off incompetent on-field refs.

Most of us were.

The thing was, most fans/footballers/managers etc had a vision of the eradication of dogshit decisions. We all thought that a ref misses a pen, VAR overturns it. Ref gives a dodgy pen, VAR overturns it. Nobody told us that VAR was only there for backing a ref on every wrong decision they make. If we knew this beforehand, there wouldn’t have been an outcry for VAR in the first place.

How can we be in a situation, where a system has been implemented to assist referees, because they get things wrong and then nothing gets overturned? Are we now saying that referees have become infallible with the introduction of this technology?

In its current format, VAR is a complete waste of time. We keep hearing that refs don’t want to overturn subjective decisions.....so what is the fucking point, it’s the subjective decisions that they clearly get wrong on the field, that drives us all mad.

Either change it from its current format, preferably by removing refs from the process and making the VAR officials independent, or bin it and use it for offsides only. I can’t carry on watching turd decisions being given the thumbs up by VAR. I’d rather just go back to slagging off incompetent on-field refs.
If VAR is looking at clear and obvious on penalty decisions then you have to question decisions like today for lpool and the two we should have had......as you say whats the point if they wont overturn the refs decision on penalties ? what I think should happen is the ref is made to look at it on the screens provided in the tunnel otherwise whats the point of the screens being there?

If VAR is looking at clear and obvious on penalty decisions then you have to question decisions like today for lpool and the two we should have had......as you say whats the point if they wont overturn the refs decision on penalties ? what I think should happen is the ref is made to look at it on the screens provided in the tunnel otherwise whats the point of the screens being there?

If the on-field ref had not given the pen today, the VAR ref wouldn’t have overturned the decision. Not because it was or wasn’t a pen but because the referees, have somehow managed to get the powers that be, to sign-off on them not overturning any decisions. It’s a farcical situation to be in.

If they won’t overturn anything, the only suggestion I can think of, is that the on-field ref, gives a ‘soft signal’ decision in real-time, like they do in cricket. He then goes and checks the monitor at the side of the pitch and he either sticks with his original decision or overturns if he feels he has made a mistake. The VAR ref can then be solely used for offsides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.