Var debate 2019/20

The whole problem is that 'clear and obvious' actually has no real meaning, it's just a nonsense smokescreen to cover incompetence. Imagine explaining VAR to someone who doesn't watch the sport; 'It's a system which allows wrong decisions to happen if they're not considered too wrong by someone who holds zero culpability to the viewers for the review'; it's genuinely the most absurd thing that has happened to the sport.

I'd like to see Monday Night Football call this faux VAR out and compare it to other coutries use of it. Bring the stats and show how many times VAR has overruled a refs original decision or he himself has changed his mind vs the clear & obvious BS the FA/EPL is serving up. We all know Sky won't have the balls to dig them out especially with the dippers out in front.

I'd like to see Monday Night Football call this faux VAR out and compare it to other coutries use of it. Bring the stats and show how many times VAR has overruled a refs original decision or he himself has changed his mind vs the clear & obvious BS the FA/EPL is serving up. We all know Sky won't have the balls to dig them out especially with the dippers out in front.
The only time Ive seen VAR overturn an officials decision is rags and arselona and today for palaces goal..if they can do that why not on penalty decisions ?

Refs won’t give decisions to City & have the safety net of VAR, if it’s clear & obvious it will be over turned but they never are.

Refs give decisions to Dippers & if it’s a clear & obvious mistake VAR will over turn but they never do.

Once again the crooks win, but we’ll still win the title, they just delay the obvious.

If VAR is looking at clear and obvious on penalty decisions then you have to question decisions like today for lpool and the two we should have had......as you say whats the point if they wont overturn the refs decision on penalties ? what I think should happen is the ref is made to look at it on the screens provided in the tunnel otherwise whats the point of the screens being there?
They've just set the bar ridiculously high. I honestly can't think of a single refereeing decision that's been overturned by VAR when it comes to penalties. In that sense, the decision to not overturn the Mane decision was consistent with all of the other decisions this year. But it'll be interesting at the end of the year to see how many times a VAR check goes for or against each team, because that will give you a good indication in the bias of referees. To be fair, Liverpool have had one go against them this year too, when they could have had a penalty at Newcastle but the referee didn't give it and neither did VAR. Having said that, it's easier when a dodgy decision goes against you earlier in a game, rather than in the last kick of the game.

VAR shouldn't be used for matters that are open to interpretation.

If the ref calls the foul on a player for example and the decision on whether to award a free kick or penalty depending on where the foul occurred I have no problem with VAR.

Off sides like Palace's second goal again no problem if its not possible to overrule definitively then the refs original decision should stand.

Penalties where a player infringement occurs be it goal keeper or player movement again no problems and the list goes on.

With penalties like the one awarded to Liverpool yesterday I don't believe VAR should be used in an effort to confirm or overturn based on " clear and obvious error " again whatever that means.

I think the bulk of the neutrals would say it was a blatant dive based on minimal contact but the ref decided on a penalty and that's it as far as I am concerned.

Leicester stuffed up in the lead up to the penalty notwithstanding that is no reason why a dive from no contact or little contact should be awarded the fact remains some are but in the end they can only blame themselves for allowing themselves to be in a position where Albrighton decided to connect with the back of Mane's leg.

Those that think Liverpool are a good team given the favours they get from refs , the quality of the opposition they face in the premier league at present haven't watched a lot of football over the years.

There only half decent test to date was Napoli away and we saw the result.

Leicester gave them a game they just came up short at Anfield and while Liverpool may end up winning the title this year , their side pales into insignificance to the sides of the 70's and 80's relatively speaking.

They have been massive under achievers for over 30 years now so I have little concern if they have their 15 minutes in the sun and break our 18 game winning streak etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.