Var debate 2019/20

It overturned our winner vs Spurs that cost us two valuable points.

It also denied Sterling the winner V Spurs while in the same game ignoring a handball minutes earlier that allowed Spurs to go through. I know it was in the Champions, but it highlights how skewered VAR is against us.

It also denied Sterling the winner V Spurs while in the same game ignoring a handball minutes earlier that allowed Spurs to go through. I know it was in the Champions, but it highlights how skewered VAR is against us.

They are applying the same principles.

How can Aguero’s not have been a foul Tuesday but then Mane’s was a foul yesterday?

It’s getting it so wrong and we’re the ones losing out.

Well, at the beginning of the season, i, and i think a lot of others here, hoped that VAR would put an end to off sides and dives.

Clearly VAR is broken. It's being overseen by people - people who seem to be as thick as fuck - and those people as well as the ref's at the ground are incapable of viewing an incident objectively...
Anyone who has played football at almost any level would know Albrighton’s “challenge” yesterday would in no way cause Mane to fling himself to the floor, it’s virtually impossible. Most of the refs have never played the game, they have no clue but deem any touch as a reason to give a foul. Football is a contact sport, the ref should be there to assess if the contact is over aggressive, that contact yesterday would not have lead to a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

All those posting last season VAR will be good for the game will now realise that the anti VAR advocates were bang on the money. It was obvious after the Spuds stitch up VAR can be manipulated to gain any result deemed suitable to biased officials, consciously or subconsciously. I’ve posted before NFL had their version of VAR in the mid 80’s, it lasted 5 seasons and was binned for exactly the same reason why supporters don’t like it in our football, it ruins the moment and subjective decisions are taken from one ref and given to another, makes no sense whatsoever.

How come the dick ‘Ed who made the decision yesterday didn’t go to the screen to double check he was right, because it’s bent !
Cheating cünts.

In some ways it's even worse than in previous years.
Before it was the referee that was accountable and if he made too many mistakes risked being demoted for future matches. Now you have VAR positively enforcing shit refereeing decisions with no accountability whatsoever.

Score to date where it matters: City -2 points, Liverpool +2 points
If you accept that City and Liverpool are going to be vying for top position then it only takes a few decisions like this over the full course of the season to influence the outcome.

Subtle bias.........

In some ways it's even worse than in previous years.
Before it was the referee that was accountable and if he made too many mistakes risked being demoted for future matches. Now you have VAR positively enforcing shit refereeing decisions with no accountability whatsoever.

Score to date where it matters: City -2 points, Liverpool +2 points
If you accept that City and Liverpool are going to be vying for top position then it only takes a few decisions like this over the full course of the season to influence the outcome.

Subtle bias.........
im sure the VAR team will cash in on it when we play Liverpool,watch this space

For me the one that riles me is the lines on screen for offside, they should run it and if it looks off side to the eye then offside it is.
Running lines which shows a toe offside is absolutely nonsense.
As posters have pointed out they choose what frame to stop on and when pass takes place so agenda can be arranged to suit.
Foul play and dives are what they are so we can't do anything to stop that no matter how hard it is sometimes

I don't think VAR is any more biased than the original system.

Recall last season and Liverpool's season long streak of 'luck'. Prior to that we had Man Utd and Old Trafford refereeing. It just interrupts the game and adds little. There's the occasional offside which it gets right.

I was dead-set against it after the opening games. Now they seem to be using it to the bare minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.