Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Control is lacking. Counter is always the way to beat us and Otamendi and Ferny cannot cope. Walker is the general cover with his pace. Zinchenko is also slow. Means we really cannot handle the counter and our build up needs to be less risky.

Plenty of time to catch the dippers. Bottle season is a while off. But it is worrying. I would take CL over league this season but most fellow fans disagree with me on this.

So much like Pep's first season. If a team's organised at the back and plays with a bit of energy in spells to put our midfielders and defenders under pressure, they just know they'll get a few really good chances. Laporte getting injured has been huge, because we simply can't play our style of football without him in the team. Otamendi has always been the sort of defender who's only good if he's alongside someone great, and now he's alongside someone who's playing out of position and looking like he's never played there before.

Let's not forget that against Everton, some people had Ederson as MOTM, so it's not like it couldn't have easily happened there too.

Liverpool have looked distinctly average this season, but consistent. We've looked like the best team in the world one match, and like a bunch of schoolboys the next. Only one of those records wins you a title. We really need to get it sorted quickly. If we can stay within striking distance of them by the time Laporte comes back, then we're in with a chance, but I'm not confident based on our performances this season.

I don’t ever want to see Otamendi play again for us. I’d rather play with 10 men than watch him continuously dive in and gift the opposition goals. He has now dipped below the standard of a professional footballer. He’d struggle for game time in the lower leagues. It’s laughable that he continues to start, regardless of the injury situation.

I hope we use this as motivation to clear out those players that are clearly not good enough. Starting with Otamendi and Gundogan. We have some extremely gifted kids in the academy and they can’t possibly do worse than these two. I can’t see how Pep can possibly justify continuing to start them.

I don’t expect anything from this season now. I’ve seen enough to conclude that we're just not good enough. Add the enormous discrepancy between how our games are officiated and how Liverpool’s games are officiated and we really don’t stand a chance.

As poor a performance as I can remember. We were absolutely dire all over the pitch and nobody comes out of this with any credit.

To be honest we were so poor, if Wolves were any good up front we could easily have lost that 5-0 and it wouldn’t have been an unfair reflection on how bad we were.

It’s really hard to see how we catch Liverpool now. I know it’s still early in the season but the Dippers have a perfect record and are riding their luck and we have already lost twice and drawn once. That’s a huge mountain to climb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.