Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

On a positive note:
1. If there is a time where we have to go 8p behind, it's now, and not january or later.
2. Pep will have to rethink his system and team selection. We'll have even more varied tactics
3. He might be forced to play younger players seeing how shite the older ones are. Don't think E.Garcia could play worse than Ota today.
4. I don't know if this is positive or not but I think we might need to lower our expectations. Liverpool have been on the up for quite some time, while we have achieved 98+ for 2 consecutive seasons. It might have taken a toll above all psychologically on players.
5. Liverpool can't go on forever with the same front 3, though admittedly they are more stable at the back than us which allows grinding out results easier.

Given the (excellent) standards we are used to, this season has been poor so far.

Half of the first 11 was ‘out’ today:

KDB
Sane
Mendy
Laporte
Stones

That’s the spine and the left side of the team simply not available.

That’s a lot to ‘carry’ in the premier league. These days you simply do not get away with having so many starters missing.

Imo that reduces us from a title winning side to a side who’d finish 4th.

A few on here have said that expectations need to be lowered this season due to injuries to very significant players.

I think that’s pretty sensible judging by what I’ve seen so far.

We’ve been crippled by injuries and take out the equivalent players at Liverpool and they’d be mid table.

I also agree with lowering expectations but if that’s the case, Pep should be building for next season.

Persisting with players like Otamendi, Gundogan and Zinchenko who will never be good enough to be long-term starters at the expense of Foden, Angelino and Garcia is a joke.

Jesus also needs a consistent run in the side.

Watch this Wolverhampton go to Burnley or Soton next rounds and they will lose without much fuss.
Same with Norwich being raped every round since they beat us.

How?

I’ve not given up hope in the league.

We can still do it.

Draw a line under this & move on.

Media blackout time.

Put Vinny and laporte back there and we are a completely different team. Ota is appalling when facing player coming at him. He rarely gets the better of them.

Watch this Wolverhampton go to Burnley or Soton next rounds and they will lose without much fuss.
Same with Norwich being raped every round since they beat us.

How?

Raise their game against us and we have Otamendi at centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.