Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Absolutely criminal to leave out Bernardo when Kev isn't available btw, awful decision by Pep. Without one or the other, our midfield is just so easy to handle

Pep saying that Walker had to come off at HT as he'd been ill r3cently. Seems a bit odd to have started with him then, surely? Burnt one of our subs there. Not that that contributed to the overall woefulness (sp?) of the display, mind.

PEP It was a bad day. That sometimes happens. We started quite well and then we conceded two situations with two loose balls in our build-up - we got a little bit nervous.

PEP That sometimes happens (players getting nervous). There’s a lot of games to go. We lost to a good team. They’re physical and strong in the air and fast on the counter attack and that's why.

When we have a huge amount of possession and can't score then something is wrong. Sort that out first of all. The defensive errors we all can see. When we remember home to Palace last season it was a similar scenario although we were still getting chances in that game . Wolves a better outfit though so we have to see how we defend the counter and create the chances necessary. With Debruyne and Laporte missing it's really difficult. Sané also. Need more guile and ability to defend when opposition attack. Back to the manuals Pep there's no other way. Maybe Garcia could have been put in as an extra defender today to help counteract the break / runner . Fern back in midfield ? I just don't know . Pep has to figure this out. The margin between success and failure is so thin .

Wow that was a tough watch. Thought Wolves were well drilled and that their back 5, covered by a mid 3, were really difficult to break down. Having said that we were slow, ponderous and devoid of ideas. We defend so high up the pitch it us too easy for quick teams to hit us on the counter. We will probably drop more points at home as teams will adopt that Wolves blueprint. Away from home teams will set up to attack us which will give us more space. Bad day at the office. Phil Foden must think wtf do I have to do to get a chance.

Really watch the game again mate

I actually thought he was decent too... most of our (albeit limited) moments of quality in and around the box went through him and he was always wanting the ball. And along with Fern was the only player doing anything right defensively.

I’ve been very impressed with him when ever he has played.

But bollocks to be positive right now.

Scoucers finished 4th in our centurians season,they are a season and a bit into high intensity,don't let the facts get in the way

again i was talking about the intesity in the play and management styles - not results

What did Pep actually do wrong today ? Just curious. He cant control shit passes and wrong choices.

Starting the same midfield that lost against Norwich is one.

If there is a less mobile and energetic midfield trio in the PL than Silva, Gundogan and Rodri then let me know.

Taking Walker off for Zinchenko when Cancelo was our most dangerous player on the left is another.

Keeping Gundogan on the pitch in any position other than a holding midfielder is another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.