Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Are you actually serious?? I don't care where they finished 2 years ago, today they would have pummeled us. We have a problem.
That was not what i was responding to,he said dippers have kept up the intensity 3 seasons running,clearly they have not,reading always helps i find

Now worried about the Foden thing It’s as if Pep has a mental block about playing him. Save him, save him for what? Anyway back to mentally preparing for tomorrow’s on slaughter from the plastic reds in the office. And I mean plastic.
Feels like the same thing that happened with Sane.

city!" data-source="post: 12118445" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
No he isn't. He is one of the fastest in the pl, has completed a decent amount of dribbles and take ons, he just needs to work on his end product.

Yes he’s quick, fast and he’s got pace. He is fucking crap

Most worrying thing for me was not even the defence(not that it's not worrying). That is almost a given with otamendi(way past it) there, the current version of walker, zinchenko and a new player just coming into the team having to play two positions in the same game basically leaving an ageing fernandinho having to carry and hold it by himself. It was just how clueless the front 5 looked including silva, gundogan. Without de bruyne providing that little bit of cutting edge the attack seemed totally bereft of ideas besides aimless putting in high crosses for players barely 5 ft against 6 ft plus defenders. I'm struggling to think of a clear cut chance they created between them and when your best attacking outlet is a full back who just came into the team serious questions needs to be answered.

I'm a big fan of his but Sterling has had a couple of these games like this where unless he is getting behind the defence or at the end of passes/crosses he becomes useless and goes into hiding. He seemed to offer much more than just goals last season with his all round play but barring a couple of games he's basically been just there for the goals this season and without that to mask his performances they've varied from mediocre to downright poor.

Without sane and de bruyne, the team loses a cutting edge and against teams who play even a bit organised the play becomes slow, pedestrian and predictable with continuous aimless crosses. aguero and sterling are basically the only scoring threat as they at least provide a bit of movement and threat in the box but outside of that the team look bereft of ideas in attack at least this season without de bruyne in particular.

With all that said I'm not going to be one of those making hyperbolic statement about the league being over etc. There's a long season to go and this team has given at least from last season enough reasons to not give up on them. A mixture of injuries to very key players, new players having to bed into a demanding system and and a couple of important ones being totally out of form(d.silva, walker) has resulted in the current situation. Now pep and the players have to buckle up their ideas and find a way to counter these issues and do so fast before it really gets worse. A 7 point deficit in october is not enough to throw the towel in and thankfully I'm sure pep and the players know that. There were probably many who totally wrote the team off last season aswel when they lost 3 in the space of 4 games during november and they still managed to come back and that was without de-bruyne for most of it and with liverpool getting as much luck as they are this season.

Yes that today was a poor performance on all accounts and a totally deserved result for wolves who played counter attacking football how it should be and a 5-0 scoreline wouldn't have flattered them. But this is a a team, manager and squad of players that've won 5 of the last 6 available domestic trophies and showed a mentality last season that very few teams would be able to show to come from behind in the league considering the circumstances. I'm certain they will find a way to come out this bad period as they have the past 2 seasons so now is not the time to start throwing in the towel.

Liverpool will drop points, but the problem at the moment is that I can't see us doing enough to catch them (or indeed beating them twice). I'm not giving up on anything, but last season when we lost 2 back-to-back because of absolute wonder goals that you can shrug off as a fluke. Today we basically conceded the same goal twice, and got away with 2 or 3 in the first half. At Norwich it was our defending that cost us. Add in dodgy corners and all of a sudden we are team that seem beatable.

Foden is being saved for Carabao quite simple as that. Its like he has too relax and get ready for 4 weeks after every Carabo game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.