Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was probably the worst performance from Pep while he has been here.

The selection was terrible all over the pitch, the tactics against Wolves 352 were awful, and he didnt do anything to change it effectively at half time or with his subs.

He says Silva cant play back to back games, hes played him in back to back games and he was predictably poor.

He left Aguero on his own vs 3 CBs and they had the easiest games of their lives.

Cancelo LB was not even doing badly, he contained Traore and no surprise what happened when Zinchenko was put up against him.

Quite a worryingly poor showing.

The non decision to buy a CB, coupled with the lack of protection is worrying.

We've been found out

I think he’s thinking elsewhere. All season we haven’t been anywhere what we were. The selections are constantly poor. Crap tactics and this constant cross rubbish is horrendous. No idea what’s happened

The non decision to buy a CB, coupled with the lack of protection is worrying.

We've been found out

Firstly, anyone who uses the phrase "found out" about a team and coach that have dominated english football for 2 years to a level never seen before is an idiot. Sorry.

Secondly, why? The problem isnt injured players or not buying a CB, its pep pretending he will do something like not play the old guys in back to back games or use youth players when they're better than the veterans and then never doing it.

Eric Garcia is better than Otamendi based on today's showing. Foden is better than Silva based on today's showing.

If pep just did what he said he would do, we'd be in much better shape.

All this rubbish we hear about the young lads being ready and trusted and if they weren’t they wouldn’t be in the squad. I can’t believe Garcia is any worse than Otamendi and Foden worse than Gundo. Otamendi has dived in from day one and under countless managers, absolutely basic defending which your average Sunday league player understands you don’t do. I literally cringed today for their first goal.

So Walker came off at half time because he was ill - why on earth start him in the first place?!
Because Mendy's injured and Zinchenko/Angelino vs Traore probably sounded like the stuff of nightmares to him when he sat down to make the lineup. Hence Cancelo on the left.

Might be just me but I think he deserves a bit more respect for what he’s achieved with us. Like I say, might just be me.

Might be just me but I think he deserves a bit more respect for what he’s achieved with us. Like I say, might just be me.

I agree with you but Pellegrini was proof that success only gets you so far when you follow it up with inaction and mind numbingly predictable and stubborn team selections.

Pep has far more credit in the bank, for obvious reasons, but the issues are clearly visible and I don't think he's addressing them.

He's a genius and there's nobody in the world I'd rather have but he's been pissing me off so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.