Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has an average rating of 6,54 (Whoscored) when starting in the league this season. Our second worst midfielder has been D Silva (7,38). The difference is huge and Gundo has been a complete disaster in the league this season.

Pretty sure he's played in every shit performance we've had since he got here, an ever present. Sad thing is he has the ability to inject some tempo into the game and make a difference, he just doesn't have the balls to do it most of the time. A central midfield Nasri, happy to take the easy option far too much of the time, far too happy to hide, almost never takes any responsibility.

Pep's blind spot. We all know it. You'll have Pep gladly going to the media and saying he is one of our best players and so important to us but it's a load of bollocks. No doubt he will continue to get picked for the starting XI each week and by the law of averages will have a half decent game eventually and then you'll get the usual lot rushing back on here saying "I told you so."

Well it's not fucking good enough having one half decent game out of 10. He is a coward, goes hiding when the going gets tough and the biggest joke of all is he is keeping an extremely talented and promising midfielder in Foden out of the team.

I don’t understand why Pep is introducing Gundogan into the starting 11 instead of a younger player like Foden.

We gave him a new contract, which would have come with certain promises about game-time and then proceeded to purchase Rodri. At this point Gundogan was 3rd choice at 6 and nowhere near 1st choice at 8. He should have been shipped out but we have put ourselves in an awkward situation.

If we have to promise something to player like Gundogan to get him to sign then fuck me. Gundogan was exactly the type of player that should only sign on our terms only. If not, then gladly sell. Can make compromises on top quality players.

Guardiola won't be here forever at the end of the day, should not make every decision in the squad based whether Pep is happy with it, as he no doubt pushed for Gundogan's extension.

Just too slow for this league, madness giving him a new deal, it will be hard to move him on

I actually like Gundogan as a player, but think Pep does him no favors when he sets up like this. He cannot rotate out wide effectively like the Silvas or Kevin and is best as a single or in a double pivot.

But if we do that then we need to have attacking fullbacks. Look how bad Sterling was, yes he played poor, but the system did him no favors because he is stuck so wide and has nobody to rotate with to come inside. Sane is fine there because he is left footed and can create but Sterling cant cross on the left.

Imagine if Angelino was there, our left side would be putting in dangerous crosses and make something atleast.

Can anybody shed light on to why pep picks him ? I really don’t get it. He’s lazy goes backwards everything pep does not want.

Are they related ?
Do the stats suggest he is a god ?

Seriously there has to be a reason.

He’s a good squad player but only in certain situations & games. At home to wolves no foookin chance. If we are 4 up yes bring him on to slow it down. If it’s the cup yes play him. Not when Liverpool are running away with the league & wolves are bullying us.

How he stays on for the full 90 when Foden is sat on the bench full of energy & Drive is beyond me.

I was at the game & watched him today. He hides in positions all the time where he knows he wont get the ball. We played with 10 men today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.