Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Bad day but anyone criticising and slagging off this great team after last season's heroics need to have a look at themselves.
Even if we don't win anything for 5 seasons I'm happy.

That team today would finish 4th or 5th if they had to play all season.

It’s like Liverpool having Robertson, van Dijk, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum and Mane all out and playing Henderson in attacking mid.

But why the fuck he left out Bernardo I’ll never know! You can’t play Rodri Gundogan and David Silva in a midfield 3, too slow, now mobility and nobody to attack their defence - last time thise three played in midfield we lost at Norwich.

And what is this tactic of cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross all game for the smallest team in the league against a back three all over 6’4”?

Cant think of a single good performance by any player.

Im starting to get pissed off with Sterling on the left, he’s just half the player on that side. He’s become so predictable!
Rodri gave the ball away for both goals and was doing it all second half. He’s no Fernandinho, in fact we are missing Fern’s positive forward passes so much!
The back four were abysmal!
I felt sorry for Kun, trying to win headers against lads a foot taller than him for about 85% of the game.

Bernardo was good when he came on to be fair!

Got a big issue here. Peps got his nose so far up Gundogans arse he’s never gunna drop him. They live next to each other for fuck sake. It’s ruining the way we play having that guy as a no.8. He should be back up to Rodri and that’s that.

Got a young lad on the bench who Pep says is the most talented player he’s coached. Fucking bollocks, stop talking shit and give the lad some game time.

As for that defence. Jesus I’d swap it for most in the Prem. Shambles

Wolves did their homework

We had no pace in central positions

Otamendi, Fernandinho, David , Rodri and Gundogan are slow

Crying out for foden in the middle today
It was crying out for our Player of the Season from last year in the middle today!

Can you think of another team in the world who’d leave out their best player from last season when they have so many injuries? It’s fucking MENTAL!

We needn't bother with PotM - there wasn't one. I'll be generous and say it wasn't poor, just ineffective. We must have had 80+% of the ball in the second half and Wolves just got either their defence sorted or were lucky with every attack we put together. We could have gone in at HT three down with the wayward passes we kept pumpng into their forwards when there was absolutely no pressure on us. I said after the third rush and miss on our goal they'd get the next one we gifted them - and they got the next two. Did the Midland Kopites put anything together in our half that we didn't put on a plate? One of those days, but after the initial two banks of five when Zaggers turned up on Tuesday I would have thought Pep might have put summat together that would negate the repetition Wolves turned up with. Ah well, one of those days. I've seen enough of 'em at City for them not to get me down!

Oh, and I think this might have been the first game where Laporte and De Bruyne were sorely missed.

Bad day but anyone criticising and slagging off this great team after last season's heroics need to have a look at themselves.
Even if we don't win anything for 5 seasons I'm happy.

Well you shouldnt be! 2 loses to frankly shit teams and you're happy! Wow!

But will Liverpool give them so much space to attack, and gift counters to them one on one vs keeper? Will they fuck...
That’s the thing, Liverpool will no doubt approach it with a better plan and people will still call out Wolves saying they played differently.

Pep doesn’t get enough offensively from his full backs. You look at Liverpool’s (TAA and Robertson) they add another dimension to the attack.

So when the wingers don’t turn up (like today) it’s a different outlet. Ours are fucking static 24/7 playing 2 yard passes back to Rodri. It’s dogshit when you come up against a team like wolves today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.