When are you all gonna learn?

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
not starting Bernardo Silva who has been our best man the last two years, while starting David and Gundy together has slowed us down greatly.

There was a spell of about five minutes in the first half where we upped the pace a bit and Wolves started to get panicky but that was about it. Pace and movement do for packed defences. We needed a twinkle-toes maestro (where's Brahim Diaz when yer need him?) to run at them and draw the foul, assuming the perennially useless Pawson would give it! Everything was done in second gear which suits teams hell bent on defending what they came with and hoping to nick it with a few crumbs.

Just remember Bernardo started season rotating in middle and the minute Sane went down Pep abandoned that and started treating him solely as a winger. This is part of the issue.

Right now Pep has no excuse. He’s leaving Foden out in the cold and abandoning Bernardo as a middle option for no reason at all.
Yeah I would of preferred Bernardo starting centrally today over gundogan (or even David). I still don’t think mahrez can change a games tempo, he’s had a much better start to the season and was motm against Everton. But I think it’s largely due to a better understanding with KDB. Anyway, I agree with most of what you say, I just personally think saying David is done was abit extreme.

Say what you like about whether we'll catch Liverpool or not, personally I don't think we will as this year they are looking relentless - and we were awful today, looked terrible. Might as well as given some of the younger kids a go.

I think we're going to have to go on a 10-12 game winning run within this season to be in with a chance. I can't see that at the moment.
We're missing our injured players and by the time they're back it might be too late.. Got to keep going though, there are 90 points still to play for..

I appreciate we can't win all the time but today's result feels like a big kick in the nuts..

I'll never wave the white flag,seen too many crazy turnarounds and crazy things to even think about getting it out,BUT, we are gonna have a big uphill battle now,and we have to win there on November 10 now,no if's and but's gotta win it,to unsettle them more than anything else

Liverpool next two games:

United away
Spurs home

They will easily bring 6 points vs these, how the hell this awful United with Ole Solskjaer would hurt them? And this Spurs is in middlle of their horrible run even Brighton ripped them apart.

Thats 30 points for them after 10 games imo. then soon after we have a visit at Anfield and we know our record there...

I think we're going to have to go on a 10-12 game winning run within this season to be in with a chance........
No winning run is going to help us unless The Dippers experience both catastrophic fall in form and string of results. This is our worst start in the first 8 games since takeover, excluding the very first season. 2013/2014 season, we started with the same 5-1-2 ratio, but this monster side of Liverpool was still to appear.

Liverpool next two games:

United away
Spurs home

They will easily bring 6 points vs these, how the hell this awful United with Ole Solskjaer would hurt them? And this Spurs is in middlle of their horrible run even Brighton ripped them apart.

Thats 30 points for them after 10 games imo. then soon after we have a visit at Anfield and we know our record there...

Spurs and Utd, playing as they are currently, aren't taking anything off Liverpool with their luck added to the mix.

We have to win at Anfield, and then at home, not drop points and hope Liverpool suffer as we have later in the season with players missing through injury and teams taking some points off them.

I can dream can't I?

There is a better chance imo that we drop more points until we go to Anfield where our win is as likely as it was last coupe of years and never happened....
Especially with Palace away up next for us. Hodgson will rewatch todays game couple of times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.