#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Midfield was so slow paced today with both Gundogan and Merlin. Foden will offer energy and somebody who offers something different. With KDB returning in a couple of weeks can not see Guardiola giving Phil any game time in the PL. Very frustrating for him.

yep thats you. you apparently dont think hes creative enough. thats all i need to think/ know that
You are attempting to place hIm ahead of players who have been there, done that over and over and over.

Im not saying he is not a good young player...in fact, I’ve said it repeatedly...but he wasn’t what we needed today.

I’ll help you out...the game was crowded inside the width of the boxes. What was needed was for WIDTH AND WHIP, but we didn’t seem to be able to get down the field quickly enough, or with the personnel needed to do it often enough. The few times we did do it...the ball into the box was as dangerous as we looked. Sterling was almost anonymous, because he wanted to dribble inside, where he was always 1 vs 2, and Mendy wasn’t there to bomb around the outside. In the first half. We had Cancelo looking good doing it, but Pep saw that we needed something different, so switched Cancelo and then played Zinchenko as a DLM, freeing up Gundogan to get forward more. In the second half, when Wolves broke, Gundogan was caught upfield BECAUSE THAT WAS THE CHANGE WE MADE.

In addition, he gave Sterling and Mahrez 10 mins to get some chances flowing, and it didn’t come, so he put on Bernardo to play out left, in the hope that between him and Cancelo, someone could get inside or outside. We saw that created a nice through ball in behind the LB, but it came to nought.

Sterling and Aguero are our two main goal threats and both were snuffed out, because there was no service from the wings, and when there was, it was in the air! We repeatedly tried to force the same ball through the same channels, basically doing the same thing over and over again....right into the heart of their defensive shell. We moved players who normally create our chances into the “spaces” where we normally create those chances, but Wolves defended well enough to steal that space away from us and get a foot in, breaking down any rhythm or flow.

None of this is to say that Foden couldn’t have come in and possibly created a chance, because he is definitely good enough to have possibly done that. However, Pep had other, better players, who do it on a regular basis, available and chose them. The only way I could see aFoden getting in th field was if we went to a back 3 and sacrificed the LB position for another, more creative midfielder, than Zin.

What the fuck are you talking about?

If you're just going to sit there and nod every time we play Ilkay and David and get twatted by subpar opposition then I'm not sure what you've come on here for.
Twatted? Do you honestly think Ilkay and David are the reason for today’s result? Seriously???

Now, I will give you that they are not the most dynamic, tough tackling, battling midfielders in the world, but they are two of the more creative players in the PL, let alone our team!!

Twatted? Do you honestly think Ilkay and David are the reason for today’s result? Seriously???

Now, I will give you that they are not the most dynamic, tough tackling, battling midfielders in the world, but they are two of the more creative players in the PL, let alone our team!!
Uh, yes? Part of the reason? The midfield was awful. The classic tell for our no 8s having terrible games are load and loads of useless crosses. And today we had almost exclusively useless crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.