Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Simply not good enough in any facet. Defensively all over the place, errors galore and lucky not to be 0-2 at HT. Midfield too slow, over cautious, too many touches. Front 3 just not at the races, wrong decisions made all the time. Wolves identified our strengths, set up properly to defend and deny us any space and we barely laid a glove on them. When they asked us questions we showed that defensively square pegs in round holes just won't work. If KDB isn't fit then Bernardo or Foden has to start. If Stones isn't fit then start Garcia or Harwood-Bellis. Gundogan was at his worst today. Safe 5 yards passes all game. Neither gave us anything going forward or defensively. If Aguero plays like he did today then I'd drop him for Jesus. Sterling needs to be moved back to the right wide and good rocket up his arse might be needed to get his spark back. David Silva was another passenger today - him and Gundogan can't start in the same team. Wolves fully deserved their victory today. I can only see more points dropped in the PL. Maybe this is our season to focus on the CL. Oh - the atmosphere and support was dire again today. The fans expected a stroll in the park judging by the total silence inside the ground and the team played like they expected a stroll too.

We said this at the shit performance at Norwich mate
That game and today’s were worrying because in both we looked completely Ill at ease and disjointed. Extremely lucky to keep Wolves out for as long as we did they should have been three up at half time, but nothing improved in the second half.

Never said we are out of the race but carry on if you think that my expression of basic things the manager did wrong today is crying.

Argue with a lot of true City fans who think that Gundo doesn't give us enough quality in defense or offence to warrant the amount of starts he gets from Pep. This continues to be a puzzling issue in the minds of many well meaning fans and there is good reason for it.

Argue with the many City fans who cannot understand why Bernie cannot get a game in CM having watched him play there so many times. You must think these people are daft but I'll put it to you that you need to learn to do more than sycophancy for your fanship is given the credence you think it deserves.
I think tye league is done now but I even doubt that we can pass QF of the UCL - your words mate. I ain't sycophantic, I've criticised Gundogan before, and i think Bernardo is a great player, and its arguable he deserves more time. The big difference is I dont give up on a team that has proven itself and a manager that is one of the best. As I said its October , plenty of time to catch up, were out of fuck , but you need to sort your head out or fuck off

Simply not good enough in any facet. Defensively all over the place, errors galore and lucky not to be 0-2 at HT. Midfield too slow, over cautious, too many touches. Front 3 just not at the races, wrong decisions made all the time. Wolves identified our strengths, set up properly to defend and deny us any space and we barely laid a glove on them. When they asked us questions we showed that defensively square pegs in round holes just won't work. If KDB isn't fit then Bernardo or Foden has to start. If Stones isn't fit then start Garcia or Harwood-Bellis. Gundogan was at his worst today. Safe 5 yards passes all game. Neither gave us anything going forward or defensively. If Aguero plays like he did today then I'd drop him for Jesus. Sterling needs to be moved back to the right wide and good rocket up his arse might be needed to get his spark back. David Silva was another passenger today - him and Gundogan can't start in the same team. Wolves fully deserved their victory today. I can only see more points dropped in the PL. Maybe this is our season to focus on the CL. Oh - the atmosphere and support was dire again today. The fans expected a stroll in the park judging by the total silence inside the ground and the team played like they expected a stroll too.

Good points.
But I think Gundos performance is directly linked to the non-performance of the front 3, as you've described.

Our pressing was non-existent too. All in all not enough energy today.

Wolves deserved a 0-0 not a win, we have served their goals on a silver plate. Terrible mistakes.

He definitely is.

Rodri has looked absolutely brilliant, in spells.

However, he can’t pass forward a fraction as well as Fern, he’s slow as fuck, he’s made some lazy plays that have cost us (Lamela goal, Laporte injury, Norwich goal from the corner, both goals today came from him giving the ball away), and he has spells even in games where he’s played well where he’s done a disappearing act.

Play the two young lads at the back and put Fern and Bernardo with David in midfield.

The young lads are not ready imo & would be worse, unfortunately.

I think Rodri is brilliant but he is slow & when he has the misfortune to suffer Gundogan as a partner, he is left pretty much on his own & has neither an easy out ball to relieve pressure, nor cover, to rescue him if he does lose the ball.

If we continue with this team balance, I fear we are going to suffer one or two more drubbings, as we did when Kolarov played at the back.

If that does happen, then it would indeed be a good time to introduce one or two youngsters in the PL & make the CL the priority for having our best 11 fit, also the cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.