Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

It was fucking mental tactics!

We were missing our three best forward passing midfielders today: de Bruyne, Bernardo and Fernandinho.

The bad thing was two of them were available and neither played in centre mid!

Instead he played our three slowest centre mids all in the same midfield, last time those three played together we lost at Norwich.

And then we spent 85% of the game crossing it 7 feet in the air to a 5’9” striker up against three 6’4” defenders.

I think that’s the worst tactics I’ve seen from Pep since Everton away three seasons ago.

Midfield too slow to press and attack awful and slow at the back and looked totally out of ideas up front the only positive is i cant see us being that bad again for a while.

My point is 8p now is better than 8p in Feb. in Feb, the time when we need them to be under pressure, with 8p ahead they wouldn't give a shit about the chasing pack since they would have that nice buffer. Whereas in October the leader is not under that much pressure anaway whatever the gap.
I disagree with point 1. As 8 points in early October is a real opportunity and totally unexpected for Liverpool. They can play their game with no pressure as it’s not a case of a “few slips and they let us back in” nervous energy you see from the leading side in Feb, March time. They will be playing it one game at a time without looking towards May, as it’s near the start of the season. All the pressure is on us knowing anymore and it’s double figures as we have effectively given ourselves an 8 point handicap early doors.

I think we are the better side but I if I were to bet on one of us dropping points before we meet it would be us as they are in a good moment both with results and from a mental perspective. We are not and in a bad place with injuries and confidence at the back.

If you offered me now the same gap at Christmas (-8 points but superior points) but Laporte, Sane, Kev back and Anfield done i’d Bite your hand off right now.
nt is

Is anyone else completely fucked off with the absolutely shite quality of our crosses? That's even if you can call them that. Dogshit.
When we had Edin we rarely put crosses in the box, now with 5' 9" strikers we resort to it. I'll put it down to a bad day even the rags loosing hasn't cheered me up.
Pep claimed he trusts Foden well after today I would say he can not do as bad as others did to day.

very hard to play at the same level with so many key players out-square pegs in round holes all over the shop. Raheem is never a left winger unless he has space.
Agree, but he ‘has’ to play there to get Mahrez in. Infatuation with inverted wingers

When we had Edin we rarely put crosses in the box, now with 5' 9" strikers we resort to it. I'll put it down to a bad day even the rags loosing hasn't cheered me up.
Pep claimed he trusts Foden well after today I would say he can not do as bad as others did to day.

At least Foden would have played for the shirt

Gundogan ahead of Bernardo?
Otamendi ahead of Garcia?

Otamendi has been shit for years. Gundogan offers little to nothing forward.

I highly doubt we can come back the way we did last season. Why? Because while Liverpool will eventually drop points, so will we. We have no solution to the Laporte problem, and Otamendi will continue being Otamendi.

Ottamendi was in the premier league team of the season in 2017 , its pundits like Carragher that state he has never been any good without checking the facts and everyone believes the myopic scouse **** . But agree Otto is not now good enough and he should have gone in the summer. Gundogan is a "steady" player and not the type to open up defences a poor selection by Pep.
The solution has to be Garcia for Otto , risky but it could be the making of the lad , De Ligt was only 19 and playing in the Champs league for Ajax, so why cant Garcia be given the chance? , He cant be any worse than Otto at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.