Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

I always thought we were more effective with Sterling on the right and Sane on the left and playing balls in behind the defence to they could cut it back. Gave us the width to stretch the defence. Now with inverted wingers cutting in it is just floated balls into the box and it means we need the full backs to create width and then they are out of position if we lose the ball.

If everyone was fit, I'd like to see Sane Aguero and Sterling up top with KDB and Bernardo creating and Rodrigo/Fernandinho holding. Silva and Foden as creative back ups and Mahrez/Jesus as back up on the wings. We then just need a solid CB or two.
Absolutely spot on!

On the way back to South Wales that was the most ineffectual home performance for some time. Think there needs to be a clear out at the end of season and we need to rebuild with younger players. That midfield today was ponderous and too slow. How Gundo plays instead of Foden at home against wolves when we need creativity is inexplicable. He was his usual totally ineffective self against strong athletic players. We did not lose this in defence but the midfield was totally immobile. This midfield including is far too slow for the premier league. Felt really sorry for Sterling, as way too much to do on his own. Poor Sergio must have thought he was playing for Newport with the service he received. Lamps has shown the way with blooding the youngsters, time for us to do the same. Time to give Garcia and Foden game time. It could not have been worse than today. That being said our fans were pathetic today!! Shocking!

Worst home performance since the Liverpool 4-1 game for me that.

Ottamendi was in the premier league team of the season in 2017 , its pundits like Carragher that state he has never been any good without checking the facts and everyone believes the myopic scouse **** . But agree Otto is not now good enough and he should have gone in the summer. Gundogan is a "steady" player and not the type to open up defences a poor selection by Pep.
The solution has to be Garcia for Otto , risky but it could be the making of the lad , De Ligt was only 19 and playing in the Champs league for Ajax, so why cant Garcia be given the chance? , He cant be any worse than Otto at the moment

It can’t be any riskier than continuing to play Otamendi

At leat there is. 2 week break.

Hopefully Kev will be back?
But that’s one of the problem isn’t it . Surely after all the money we have spent we are relying on one player to win us games because if that’s the case then we are doomed . I cannot believe that we didn’t replace our greatest defender and talisman because we knew otamendi was crap and stones is inconsistent even with Laporte next to him . If we didn’t have the money we should have delayed the Rodri move till next season because we would have still got a season out of ferdy . I’ve lost patience with mendy now . He needs to go as he’s the biggest waste of time I’ve ever seen . I like gundo but he is shit scared to tackle most of the time . We are missing a dzecko style centre forward aswell

He definitely is.

Rodri has looked absolutely brilliant, in spells.

However, he can’t pass forward a fraction as well as Fern, he’s slow as fuck, he’s made some lazy plays that have cost us (Lamela goal, Laporte injury, Norwich goal from the corner, both goals today came from him giving the ball away), and he has spells even in games where he’s played well where he’s done a disappearing act.

Play the two young lads at the back and put Fern and Bernardo with David in midfield.

The first goal was Cancelo giving the ball away, the second goal Rodri was looking for it but it looked as if he might have been fouled.

Injuries are catching up with us Laporte ,Mendy , KDB , Stones is 20% of our playing squad and it was bound to have a effect , but i cannot fathom why Pep will not give our younger players a chance , Foden and Garcia at the very minimum would have brought some urgency and commitment in the 2nd half , about time he put some faith into our U-21's , he might be pleasantly surprised.

Good points.
But I think Gundos performance is directly linked to the non-performance of the front 3, as you've described.

Our pressing was non-existent too. All in all not enough energy today.

Wolves deserved a 0-0 not a win, we have served their goals on a silver plate. Terrible mistakes.

Aguero can't press - not physically able to anymore - hence I'd start Jesus for his energy and movement. Wolves should have been two or three up at HT. If they hadn't won with the clear chances they'd have felt robbed. Fully deserved to win. Carried out their plan very well today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.