When are you all gonna learn?

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
It's easy to look at the points on the board, but I'm more worried about the football on the pitch. At the moment, we're playing nowhere near well enough to win the title, and if we don't put it right quickly, we'll only fall further behind. Sloppy passes, defensive mix ups and a failure to defend set pieces have all been apparent in the past few games.

This season feels different. Injury problems stacking up and honestly I question the fight of the team this season. Won it the last two seasons and they have taken their foot off the pedal and I just don't see the dippers dropping many points with the "luck" they are having.
Exactly, very little fight in this team, too lightweight apart from Rodri.

Spurs and Utd, playing as they are currently, aren't taking anything off Liverpool with their luck added to the mix.

We have to win at Anfield, and then at home, not drop points and hope Liverpool suffer as we have later in the season with players missing through injury and teams taking some points off them.

I can dream can't I?
We're not winning at Anfield anytime soon.

i feel the big big push in the champions is the main target this season, the big boss has spoken and wants the piss pot champions league to add to the collection

its hard to feel sad when losing with this manchester city side, yes it still hurts but you can understand and things have not gone our way again with injuries to key players, yes its only 8 games and still a full winter program to come and 3 games a week for both city and liverpool, but liverpool have been so lucky in the injury department and losing 2 or 3 key players for them would make all the difference in the run in so we maybe down but never out

also how good is it to be a manchester city fan with united so poor and they are in a right mess hahahah, dark days for them lot and not looking good in the future and looking at that squad and starting 11 are mid-table and its now a possibility even worst things around the corner and liverpool coming up

This season is shaping up like our Centurions season, except we’re one of the also-rans this time around. Liverpool don’t have weaknesses that are so glaringly obvious like ours. They will be high 90s again, potentially even breaking 3 figures. Think we’ll be 80-something.

Very little fight in some supporters too.
When I see Pep selecting a side that gives us a chance of winning the game, I and others will be up for it.

The fans were down because it was obvious 5 mins in that that team was going to struggle.

Spurs and Utd, playing as they are currently, aren't taking anything off Liverpool with their luck added to the mix.

We have to win at Anfield, and then at home, not drop points and hope Liverpool suffer as we have later in the season with players missing through injury and teams taking some points off them.

I can dream can't I?
I fancy united to take points from them.

Can't see us having an extended winning run of games which we will need like the previous two seasons though.

Yeah I would of preferred Bernardo starting centrally today over gundogan (or even David). I still don’t think mahrez can change a games tempo, he’s had a much better start to the season and was motm against Everton. But I think it’s largely due to a better understanding with KDB. Anyway, I agree with most of what you say, I just personally think saying David is done was abit extreme.
starting David with Bernie is ok(+Rodri) as Bernie's speed and ball control talent can compliment David's talent and the interplay between the two seems intuitive and seamless, compensating a little for David's age. but Davey, Gundy, Rodri(great addition) is just not positive enough for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.