Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Do you really think we can win the Champions League with this defence? come on. What will happen when Barcelona Paris or Bayern will come to the city of Manchester?

Provided we stay in the competition long enough, we will hopefully have a stronger defence by the time the big games come around.

However, imo, if Pep persists with Rodri & Gundogan together in the same team, especially with D Silva & Zinchenko, we would have a decent chance of being opened up even with Laporte back.

However, if he comes to his senses, Fernandinho & Rodri could be a really tough duo to crack open, in away legs.

Give the age of some of the key positions
In the side we will need to rebuild. Lamps not doing a bad job with youngsters...

no he isnt - but Pep alluded to the issue with the youngsters as well - its about expectations for the club.

Wolves fan in peace. Just reading through the thread and got to compliment you lot on being the most gracious fans in defeat, every other single club's fans just slag us off and call us inbreds when we beat them. Proper refreshing to see, hats of to you all.

I couldn't believe the size of Nuno's balls putting out a team like that against you lot, so brave and it was all or nothing. Unfortunately for you it worked. I hope you catch up to the bindippers and stop them winning the league, I really do. You'll be back to smashing teams after the international break.
Well done pal I like your manager and hope u do well this season.

But that’s one of the problem isn’t it . Surely after all the money we have spent we are relying on one player to win us games because if that’s the case then we are doomed . I cannot believe that we didn’t replace our greatest defender and talisman because we knew otamendi was crap and stones is inconsistent even with Laporte next to him . If we didn’t have the money we should have delayed the Rodri move till next season because we would have still got a season out of ferdy . I’ve lost patience with mendy now . He needs to go as he’s the biggest waste of time I’ve ever seen . I like gundo but he is shit scared to tackle most of the time . We are missing a dzecko style centre forward aswell
Jeez where to start
We won the treble without kev,that is not the problem
We had 3 senior perfectly capable cb's and 2 kids,enough,hindsight is a wonderful thing
We HAD to get rodders,you would be complaining if we had gone with just dinho and his body packed up,he is a legend but old
Benny has been out for 2 seasons,it was always going to be difficult to come back
We do not play with a edin style striker,today we made a mistake with all the crosses,you can't spend 100m on a player for a couple of games a season
I'll give you gundy

we wont come to the CL with our defence - saying that the club/team/manager is prioritising, that is just deflection -

defensively we have a huge problem, one that isnt sorted easily.

People asking for the kids to play - i can see why - but im not sure either of those are the answer -Garcia as good as he is isnt the answer to solving our problems against set pieces or fast breakaways as he is small and not particualrly fast. THB i have only seen the once and again as good as he is, Im not sure he would have solved the problems today (thought both are better in the build up than ottomendi so maybe

The issue is in the middle of the park which does affect the defense as well - we have centre halves who arent as good as passing between the lines and we had a midfielder today who takes zero risks, playing safe all the time and offering no drive forward at all instead choosing to pass sideways and backwards all the time - Gundogan - also when he loses the ball he cannt recover - Rodri is on his own and has recently commented how he needs to get use to playing in midfield as a single defensive pivot (TBF to gundogan thats the same with any combo of our midfielders - BUT the differene is that al the others have the work rate to recover, or at least try) -all the other midfielders also offer better movement between the lines - gundogan doesnt and rodri is a defensive midfielder so we only really had David Silva today doing this. - Again Pep has alluded to this in his post match comments saying the problem wasnt the defeenders but losing the ball in midfield - he is right - however he has also said numerous of times during his time at city that he needs defenders who are very good 1vs 1 - ottomendi's lack of pace means he suffers in this department and he then dives in

Our fullbacks didnt help today and Im not sure any of the replacements offer exactly the quality that Pep needs (Cancello needs more time) -they all have great physical attributes and offer a lot going forwad but in the short passing build up/retaining possession, Im not sure any of them are exactly what pep wants - Walker, Mendy can be both very sloppy with their passing.....especially when passing towards the centre of the pitch (outside to in)

I'm no fan of Gundogan full stop but I accept he has played a big part in our success

I found some of his play today unacceptable. One particular occasion, Rodri was being harrassed & looked odds on to lose the ball, Gundogan further forward, in front of him, didn't even move. He could not have got there in time to stop Rodri from losing the ball, but he sure as fuck stood a chance of getting into a position to slow down or stop.their attack, if it happened.

Not having that, at all & Pep shouldn't accept it either.

A piece of cardboard would do a better job than Otamendi when it comes to defending against through balls. Wolves coach did his homework and identified this as Otamendi’s weakness. It could’ve been 3 or 4-0.

Pep keeps saying that Garcia is ready for the prem but obviously doesn’t think so when picking his team.

It really annoys me that we still have one or two weak links in the team along with a few key injuries, despite having world class players on pretty much all positions. Last year it was Delph and we axed him. The same should have been for Otamendi.
I’m worried this will continue as long as Laporte is out and I struggle to see how we could tackle this problem. Garcia is our only choice. I even trust him more than Stones.

When we didn't sign a CB in the summer, Otamendi had to be retained. As Stones is always injured this season Ota would appear to be the best option to step in to provide solidity. Today he was a liability no doubt and should be dropped. However, he wasn't the only poor performer today. There were at least 12 others.

When 'give chance to kids' starts appearing in almost any post, you know there is some serious cognitive dissonance issues on this board. I wish I was not a blue, I could actually enjoy reading all this shit with a glass of port late into the night .

come on blues

tenor.gif

we could be united fans hahahahahhahahahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.