Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

If they could they'd still be out there now trying to cross against 6'3 defenders to a 5'8 Aguero.

Well personally I think we've made the same mistakes as per post title wins in 12 and 14 in that we've not recruited well and are now paying the price.
Catastrophic not to replace VK although I understand their were some financial restrictions.
Basically in summary we have 2 centre backs out and we are shoe horning 2 midfielders in
defensive positions.
The only fit centre back we have in Otamendi is in abysmal form and fast becoming a liability. He should be sold in January to Kazakhstan.
No chance in hell this team wins the CL on current form and sadly the scousers will win the league by a comfortable margin.

Football is all about opinions and Pep is certainly the master. However, Gundo was poor today and we needed energy in the midfield. Foden should have replaced him at half time. We need to give Foden a rim of 15 games and see how he performs. Two minutes here and there are pointless. Also thought that Gabby made more happen when he came on. Woles and the red dippers prove that rotation is about keeping players happy rather than fitness. We must win at all costs with senior players did not prove true today.

Otamendis preference for ending up on his ass is truely fucking awful. I dread to think of us going to Anfield with him at our base.

Drawing today would’ve been bad but you’d have had to credit their defending though we didn’t test them properly after the first 10mins where we should’ve been clinical and put the game to bed. BUT to concede 2 to them is criminal and indicates how wank our defence currently is.

As soon as a I saw the team-sheet with Gundogan in the middle...

I'm as big of a disciple of Pep as the next Blue, but he's getting it more wrong than right of late.

For me, there is a noticeable lack of intensity from him which is transmitting to the pitch.

Am absolute waste of a substitution at half-time bringing Zinchenko on and swapping over Cancelo, who was easily our most attacking outlet during the first half.

Sterling might now be the national love-in, but he's been absolute rank from that Spurs game onwards.

He's not suited to driving in from the left.

There are no words to describe the fuck up which now means we need TWO top class centre backs in January.

One to cover Laporte and one to avoid using Otamendi ever again.

I'm not paid £20m a year but I have watched the game for longer than Pep has.

Never play Gundo in the same midfield as Rodders.

It now needs Fern back in the midfield and us going to a five.

Needs must. It is open season on that back line as it is.
Incredible exaggeration to say Pep is getting more wrong than right but I have to say I wasn’t happy with some of his choices today.

He faces some serious challenges at the moment and needs to find answers very quickly.

Quality coaches know if we dont play KDB then they can afford to double up on x2 other key players.

With Laporte missing too, they can decide to double up on Rodri and Sterling and take their chances

covering Gundog, Silva, Mahrez and even Aguero as they can negate his quality by strangling supply

to him by stopping Rodri and Sterling impact on the game. They dont have to mark Gundog as he will

usually on his own accord move towards an opposition midfielder to effectively mark himself out of

the play or if he doesnt, he'll usually only just pass it to Rodri, whose already double marked anyway.

The lateral distance between Otamendi and Fernandhino is a real problem. I think if we had played

Garcia even with Otamendi, with both Rodri & Fernandhino ahead instead of Gundog we would have

had a stronger defence as more protected by that pair ahead of them.They couldnt have double marked

both Rodri & Fernandhino as they would have too many players up the pitch. We wouldnt have been at

our best but we would have been stronger, more organised, less sloppy, less open etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.