Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

I get what your saying Karen but the point I’m making about vinny is that he was not only our captain and probaby greatest defender ever for us but also a major major force in the dressing room so to lose that and not replace him is a terrible decision because don’t forget even with vinny there we had massive concerns over otamendi and also concerns over John stones so straight away that’s 2 of the three senior cbs we have . When Laporte got injured I said straight away that’s his was going to cost but people said we have done it before without our stars but this is different as tbh stones and otamendi is not even a top six pairing . As for the centre. Forwards I’m not saying spend £100 mill on 10 game a season player but if we’re gonna keep crossing the ball when we get desperate then at least have someone that can add the ball . I know we needed a replacement for ferdy but to not replace vinny I’d probably gonna cost us the title . I also think after they he last two seasons we were always gonna find it hard to keep the temp up because tbh I think Liverpool’s Hunger is more than ours this season . Just my opinion though f
I agree that we could forsee losing vinny the man and capt was going to hurt but you can't just go out and buy that,a body yes but not vinny,i think it was reasonable to expect our senior players to step up and lead the team,different ways but still lead perfectly well,dinho can't do that and be a cb and the rest comes back to crystal ball and hindsight about injuries

Well played Wolves. They put us under pressure from the start and continued throughout the game to harass us and close space down.
I thought they’d tire but they lasted well - amazing really given their smaller squad and Europa League involvement.
We made crazy mistakes and played poorly but credit to Wolves for their role in this. Two well taken goals and three other one on ones are proof of the results of their approach.

I know I'm very low after that and this post reflects that, but was today the end of an era? The gradual build and improvement since the take over - the procession of managers to finally facilitate the objective of Pep. Are the Pep yrs the best it can ever be?
Seems there is no plan for what's next.
Ageing players, players constantly injured, not getting in the cover we clearly needed. It's as if the club is resigned to Pep being a second term President seeing out his last couple of yrs and hoping he can do it with the squad he has. What's the next phase or is this it? Will the board split - especially the Spanish contingent leaving when he does, afterall, that was their raison d'etre ?
The best fillip for us all and the worst news for our rivals would be to get him to sign a new contract and build what he wants. We need that lift!
Off to check the gas is working.

Last edited:
Otto is fast becoming this years Demichellis sadly as Demi did. so ditto Otto and so sad to see him be crucified after a great stint lets not forget the Otto who was reliable and scored a few also When you are at the top you must make every effort you can to stay there i feel like a few on here that Vinny going was the call to back Pep with a quality CH we didnt even after a considerable amount gained on outgoing fees and wages

Demi went from bad to good. Otamendi has been awful this season but in previous seasons has been magnificent. Let's be honest Otamendi wanted to leave this season for first team football & was probably on his way out until Vinnie left and then Mangala left and then everybody else got injured, which as a result has seen him become the only first team centre back at a club he probably doesn't want to be at anymore.

They came, they saw, they conquered, very efficient defensive display by the Wolves, caught us on the break, naïve to say the least by Pep. Leave the Zinch out at your peril. Look on the bright side, Wolves went above the rags !!

Liverpool will drop points but so will we,if it’s not done and dusted already it probably will be in a month or so. Having half our team out injured is killing us and will continue to do so, they will be between 12-15 pts clear by January imo.

Otto is fast becoming this years Demichellis sadly as Demi did. so ditto Otto and so sad to see him be crucified after a great stint lets not forget the Otto who was reliable and scored a few also When you are at the top you must make every effort you can to stay there i feel like a few on here that Vinny going was the call to back Pep with a quality CH we didnt even after a considerable amount gained on outgoing fees and wages
Ha ha I forgot about him .

I agree that we could forsee losing vinny the man and capt was going to hurt but you can't just go out and buy that,a body yes but not vinny,i think it was reasonable to expect our senior players to step up and lead the team,different ways but still lead perfectly well,dinho can't do that and be a cb and the rest comes back to crystal ball and hindsight about injuries
True about injuries. With what we have injured we don’t stand a chance

There were no leaders out there today. As the team stood around waiting to restart after their first there was nothing from any one of them. To a man they just looked crestfallen and sorry for themselves. It was left to Pep to try and rouse them from the sidelines.There’s a soft centre to this team, brilliant when things go their way but when things start to go wrong people go missing. Need to address this as soon as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.