Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

I know I'm very low after that and this post reflects that, but was today the end of an era? The gradual build and improvement since the take over - the procession of managers to finally facilitate the objective of Pep. Are the Pep yrs the best it can ever be?
Seems there is no plan for what's next.
Ageing players, players constantly injured, not getting in the cover we clearly needed. It's as if the club is resigned to Pep being a second term President seeing out his last couple of yrs and hoping he can do it with the squad he has. What's the next phase or is this it? Will the board split - especially the Spanish contingent leaving when he does, afterall, that was their raison d'etre ?
The best fillip for us all and the worst news for our rivals would be to get him to sign a new contract and build what he wants. We need that lift!
Off the check the gas is working.
Fucking hell! the replacements for the oldies are already here

After the slating I received in the pre match thread for saying that Foden (a natural number 8) should start instead of Gundogan who is a 6 and has proved time and time again that he is pedestrian in the 8 role and is not dynamic enough for the 8, I will say this.

That midfield three is so dynamic and perfect for our style of play. Gundogan was amazing!! because Pep picked it and he never does anything wrong.

After the slating I received in the pre match thread for saying that Foden (a natural number 8) should start instead of Gundogan who is a 6 and has proved time and time again that he is pedestrian in the 8 role and is not dynamic enough for the 8, I will say this.

That midfield three is so dynamic and perfect for our style of play. Gundogan was amazing!! because Pep picked it and he never does anything wrong.
You didn’t receive the flack for saying Foden should start, did you? You received the shit because you said Foden should leave in January.

Well personally I think we've made the same mistakes as per post title wins in 12 and 14 in that we've not recruited well and are now paying the price.
Catastrophic not to replace VK although I understand their were some financial restrictions.
Basically in summary we have 2 centre backs out and we are shoe horning 2 midfielders in
defensive positions.
The only fit centre back we have in Otamendi is in abysmal form and fast becoming a liability. He should be sold in January to Kazakhstan.
No chance in hell this team wins the CL on current form and sadly the scousers will win the league by a comfortable margin.
But we purchased a £62m full back that cant get in the team in his preferred position. An unnecessary signing

He just doesn't seem to trust certain players:

Sane, Foden, Danilo.

And places way too much trust in others:

Gundogan, Walker, Stones.
Danilo's at Juve (was signed as a utility player), Sane, when fit, gets picked when he does what Pep wants him to and next season Foden will get the chance to stake a claim when David goes at the end of the season. But he won't have the place automatically - there will be competition.

Feel sorry for foden because he is gonna miss out on the Euro’s next year when he should be setting the tournament alight

You didn’t receive the flack for saying Foden should start, did you? You received the shit because you said Foden should leave in January.

Nope, I received one for that, the rest was about Gundogan. I don’t want Foden to leave, obviously. I want him to play first team football because he’s good enough. Just the sheer lift he would have given the crowd today would have been worth it. An out of position Gundogan offers us nothing.

I just want Foden to get the chance he deserves.

There were no leaders out there today. As the team stood around waiting to restart after their first there was nothing from any one of them. To a man they just looked crestfallen and sorry for themselves. It was left to Pep to try and rouse them from the sidelines.There’s a soft centre to this team, brilliant when things go their way but when things start to go wrong people go missing. Need to address this as soon as possible.
That’s why I was surprised Silva was made captain as good a player as he is he ain’t no leader on or off the pitch add to that he’s going in the summer

I can’t even imagine Pep will play Otamendi against Palace. It has to be Garcia+Fernandinho. Why doesn’t he give Eric a proper chance? Giving him game time against Watford at 6-0 is not a a proper chance and we should know by know that these brainfarts by Otamendi appears several times against good opponents. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

A defensive midfielder in Fernandinho who’s filling in temporarily is a better centre back than Otamendi who played there all of his career.
Why don’t Pep trust a player who came through the best football academy in the world, La Masia? Eric Garcia was seen as Gerard Pique’s successor by Barcelona.

If Matthijs De Ligt can play at this level, why not Garcia?

Well in theory we recruited fine,players take time to settle and you dont know how they are going to do,comes back to the crystal ball again,names on paper don't always translate
Yeah I understand that, just felt the cb issue needed addressing and we didn’t. Not sure a crystal ball was required for that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.