Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

I can’t even imagine Pep will play Otamendi against Palace. It has to be Garcia+Fernandinho. Why doesn’t he give Eric a proper chance? Giving him game time against Watford at 6-0 is not a a proper chance and we should know by know that these brainfarts by Otamendi appears several times against good opponents. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

A defensive midfielder in Fernandinho who’s filling in temporarily is a better centre back than Otamendi who played there all of his career.
Why don’t Pep trust a player who came through the best football academy in the world, La Masia? Eric Garcia was seen as Gerard Pique’s successor by Barcelona.

If Matthijs De Ligt can play at this level, why not Garcia?
Because he’s not Matthijs De Ligt? Maybe not at that level yet

But we purchased a £62m full back that cant get in the team in his preferred position. An unnecessary signing
Quite rightly, Cancelo will have to fight his way into the team. He is a utility player who is good in a number of positions. Very much a Pep type player. His arrival may well push Walker to a higher level, but if he gets the jersey he'll take some shifting.

Its realistic to say we're gonna get beat by the Rags. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Fuck me we lost a game. Have some faith in the Formidables and try suppporting your team when they need it.

I've supported my team for over 40 years, I won't support them when they look like they cant be arsed they earn their support at least when we were shit they tried. There was nothing today.

Feel sorry for foden because he is gonna miss out on the Euro’s next year when he should be setting the tournament alight
He is being held back from the senior team,it's more beneficial he stay with the u21 and play every game than sit on the bench behind dippers and rags and become the scapegoat for the poor euro's as city players always do,i don't know why anyone would want the senior team for him

Hilarious how so many here are convinced that the season ends after a loss when there are still 90 points to be had.

I wonder if they are the same lot who gave up on us when the season was actually on the tail end and we were trailing then celebrated like nothing happened on the final day?

We don't need any of you. ManU could use an infusion of new fans right about now anyway.

I know I'm very low after that and this post reflects that, but was today the end of an era? The gradual build and improvement since the take over - the procession of managers to finally facilitate the objective of Pep. Are the Pep yrs the best it can ever be?
Seems there is no plan for what's next.
Ageing players, players constantly injured, not getting in the cover we clearly needed. It's as if the club is resigned to Pep being a second term President seeing out his last couple of yrs and hoping he can do it with the squad he has. What's the next phase or is this it? Will the board split - especially the Spanish contingent leaving when he does, afterall, that was their raison d'etre ?
The best fillip for us all and the worst news for our rivals would be to get him to sign a new contract and build what he wants. We need that lift!
Off the check the gas is working.
We lost a match-I appreciate that it comes a few weeks after a similar unexpected result but put it into the context of the last 2 seasons at least-we are that good that a blip is regarded as a disaster.

no, they just had a game plan

This is the biggest concern for me ....we’re so easy to play against, particularly if you’re a big physical side. 10 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter, as Otamendi and Fernandinho very exposed and lack the pace to deal with it. The blueprint for any sides coming to the Etihad.

Liverpool are also way below their best this season but soft shots outside the box are slowly going through the GK's legs, Mane is defying the laws of gravity to dive through the air from a standing start to get a pen (unless he's truly a wimp) and strikers at various teams are missing near open goals against 'em. Their top players seem unnaturally immune from injury. I could go on. We have no such luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.