Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

This is the biggest concern for me ....we’re so easy to play against, particularly if you’re a big physical side. 10 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter, as Otamendi and Fernandinho very exposed and lack the pace to deal with it. The blueprint for any sides coming to the Etihad.

Any opposing coach just puts two words on his board pre game “Target Otamendi”

There were no leaders out there today. As the team stood around waiting to restart after their first there was nothing from any one of them. To a man they just looked crestfallen and sorry for themselves. It was left to Pep to try and rouse them from the sidelines.There’s a soft centre to this team, brilliant when things go their way but when things start to go wrong people go missing. Need to address this as soon as possible.

How?
We haven't got anyone in the squad

How?
We haven't got anyone in the squad

This is a huge problem for me. I absolutely love David as we all do, but he is simply not a captain. You only have to watch those Amazon documentaries to see what an influence Kompany was behind the scenes ...we are missing his leadership massively, and I don’t see anyone with his ability to lift and motivate the team in this squad

This is a huge problem for me. I absolutely love David as we all do, but he is simply not a captain. You only have to watch those Amazon documentaries to see what an influence Kompany was behind the scenes ...we are missing his leadership massively, and I don’t see anyone with his ability to lift and motivate the team in this squad

I agree
KDB would have been my choice

I know I'm very low after that and this post reflects that, but was today the end of an era? The gradual build and improvement since the take over - the procession of managers to finally facilitate the objective of Pep. Are the Pep yrs the best it can ever be?
Seems there is no plan for what's next.
Ageing players, players constantly injured, not getting in the cover we clearly needed. It's as if the club is resigned to Pep being a second term President seeing out his last couple of yrs and hoping he can do it with the squad he has. What's the next phase or is this it? Will the board split - especially the Spanish contingent leaving when he does, afterall, that was their raison d'etre ?
The best fillip for us all and the worst news for our rivals would be to get him to sign a new contract and build what he wants. We need that lift!
Off the check the gas is working.
Jesus Gaudino don't ever work for the Samaritans! I know you're pissed off but as a mother all I can say is, Don't worry things will look better in the morning ;)

Clearly a foul on Rodri for their second goal but I don't think the equalizer was coming. There was no blueprint found today, Wolves played well defensively but they weren't even that good going forward, pretty much every chance they had was gifted by some poor passing to spring a counter against our high line. Jimenez and Traore did well but it was mainly about their pace, every counter was pretty much a 2vs2 or 1v1 straight away and they are faster than both our CBs unfortunately.

We weren't good today but Liverpool haven't been either for a lot more of their games. They are also conceding a lot more chances than last season on average but teams aren't taking their chances. Both Liverpool and City have dropped off a bit from last season performance wise and quite a few were expecting it. Ref help and keeper blunders are the difference so far, the league table doesn't tell the whole story. We can't argue with our losses but we should definitely have taken all 3 against Spurs, we battered them and should have had 2 penalties, I'm not buying the "we only had our selves to blame" bullshit.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.