#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now or never for Foden , if he can't start a game after that shambles of a midfield display then there really is an issue between him and Pep , love Merlin but he looked tired today and Gundo will never create chances and score goals like Foden will. For f*cks sake put him in the team , he has never let us down and will give 100% commitment , he's a blue.

Today was shocking and if he can't get more minutes in midfield after today he will quickly realise he is better off elsewhere.

I've mentioned before on here that the clamour for Foden to play week after week was getting tiresome and that his time will come. The excuse/reason then was he was trying to get in a midfield that consisted of X, Y and Z and even seasoned professionals would struggle.

I am now of the opinion if he cannot get in that midfield then he is better off elsewhere. The time to play him more regularly is now.

It's not like he is 16/17. He's 19 with 40 games and 8 goals under his belt. PLAY HIM!! How is he any different in age to when Jesus first came at 19 and played regularly?

If Pep won’t drop Gundogan for Foden then realistically who is he going to drop for Foden other than for cup games, De Bruyne? Even when silva leaves Gundogan will likely still be here.
Sad thing is when Stones, Mendy and KDB are back after the break, Foden won't even make the bench.

He's the obvious answer to our current problem in midfield; lack of energy and pace.

If pep insists on gundagan as an 8 then foden should be next to him. Personally with kdb out id have foden and Silva in the middle, but gundogan seems undroppable for some blizzard reason.

I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out - the excuse has always been look at who he had playing in front of him, but with kdb injured, Bernardo only played in the front 3, and Silva and gundogan horrifically out of form there are no more excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.