Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

The best pass of the day was the one Jesus slipped through in the box. Very direct, north/south, playing into vacant space. Problem was neither david or gundo were trying anything of the sort all day and kept taking the cheap pass out to the wing which ended in a dopey cross.

still think foden would have been a better bet for that kind of directness...and the other thing about Phil is that he can actually shoot from various ranges and angles, which we could really use. In addition to his pace I think that’s the real thing we miss in sane.

Danilo's at Juve (was signed as a utility player), Sane, when fit, gets picked when he does what Pep wants him to and next season Foden will get the chance to stake a claim when David goes at the end of the season. But he won't have the place automatically - there will be competition.
Sane was not first choice at the tail end of last season. He is always quick to be hooked when he makes a mistake too. Pep is always quick to make negative remarks toward him.

Sane has a better per minute goal contribution ratio than Sterling who the media and Pep salivate over every week but Pep never has a kind word to say about him.

Danilo was never trusted for more than a few games even when Walkers form was dire. So much so Pep shipped him and £30M off to Juve in exchange for a player who, on the face of it, isn't even a significant upgrade.

Pep has some major blind spots when it comes to individual players and as soon as they get on his bad side it seems virtually impossible for them to get back.

On the other hand players like Gundogan & Walker can seemingly do nothing to keep them out of the team for a significant period, despite whatever mistakes they make.

What's done is done now with Danilo, and probably Sane too but unfortunately it feels like Foden is rapidly falling into that same group who just can't win Peps trust no matter what they do. I don't want to see that play out.

Last edited:
Imho, selecting that midfield 3 was a mistake in the absence of KDB. Bravo or Foden - and arguably both ‐ should have played either side of Rodri, and provided the energy and spark which i felt we lacked. It was all too ponderous.
I wasn't at all impressed with Cancelo, nor the decision to bring Zinchenko on at half time - perhaps Walker was injured, i don't know, but, otherwise, i wouldn't have subbed him because of how ponderous we were, and he can inject pace.
Praying we get some of the injured players back soon, otherwise it'll be curtains for the league, as we now have to get something at Anfield in 4 weeks. Our prospects of that look very slim unless the aberrations which were on show today are all cut out. Will we stay only 8 points behind until then?
Anyway, that's now 2 very bad days at the office from the first 8 days.
Keeping the faith, but struggling after that showing.

Not the best game to take my daughter to for her first one. Number 1 son is very miserable this evening too.

Not much creativity to get around their immovable defence, and too many times we easily lost possession for Wolves to break and we did not learn. you could see it coming.
We also seem to not go on the break these days, but when the chance is there it stalls part way and gives the opposition time to get back, and then we start over again just passing around the box and the chance is lost.
There were several times when the opportunity to pass to Aguero was on, but instead it went sideways too.

bloody hell just stepped out onto the balcony
Actually I think you're partially right. We've delivered the best football we've ever seen in this country in the history of English football
It's been a privilege to watch. I've felt privileged to watch it from my seat. Everytime I tell someone I'm a Manchester city seasoncard holder they go Wow

But IMHO we need now a couple of seasons to recharge. Im not overly worried

CITD

Cheer up guys. I've just poked my nose into Red Cafe and they're talking about the R word
And even when we were truly shit we just got on with it. Wolves did a job on us it happens. Can’t be arsed reading 90 pages of moaning.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.