Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

But it didn’t prevent us sending danilo and 50mill for a player we really didn’t need? Get a grip. That money could have been used for a cb and it should have been.
Are you suggesting Pep should have sought your advice, as you seem to be suggesting he's signing players he doesn't need ? Danilo wanted to leave to get first team football.

Maybe Pep should consult all fans before making a decision - ha ha - you would get 54,000 different opinions. Pep is a genius and we're so lucky he coaches our team.

A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and prescribed medication. I commented to the doctor that after following City for over 60 years it was little surprise.

Anyway back to the topic ...............
Climbing back into bed at 4:00am NZ time at the end of the game my wife said "Well?"
"We bloody well got beat" I replied
"Have you taken your tablet" says she.

At least we still have a sense of humour!

As soon as a I saw the team-sheet with Gundogan in the middle...

I'm as big of a disciple of Pep as the next Blue, but he's getting it more wrong than right of late.

For me, there is a noticeable lack of intensity from him which is transmitting to the pitch.

I got attacked from all sides for saying this after Norwich game. Pep doesn't look like himself on the pitchline this season. Sitting there with Arteta most of the time, there is no his usual antics and intensity and both were always some of his biggest weapons as players were always responding to it. he was showing more passion talking to opposition players in his first 3 seasons than he shows it during games this year. No fire from him this year.

I'm firm believer that managers transmit their energy to the pitch, specially when their tactics is high intensity game. When you look at most of the fighters teams in recent history, they always had some kind of lunatic as a manager as it is the only way to push them to their limits for longer periods. Klopp, Guardiola, Ferguson, Simeone, Mourinho, Conte... if you want your team to throw themselves on anything they have to see that passion from their manager too. We had it for three years and Pep was like that, but this season feels bit different. He looks like he is tiring and I'm afraid the team might look like that more often.

Last edited:
I know I'm very low after that and this post reflects that, but was today the end of an era? The gradual build and improvement since the take over - the procession of managers to finally facilitate the objective of Pep. Are the Pep yrs the best it can ever be?
Seems there is no plan for what's next.
Ageing players, players constantly injured, not getting in the cover we clearly needed. It's as if the club is resigned to Pep being a second term President seeing out his last couple of yrs and hoping he can do it with the squad he has. What's the next phase or is this it? Will the board split - especially the Spanish contingent leaving when he does, afterall, that was their raison d'etre ?
The best fillip for us all and the worst news for our rivals would be to get him to sign a new contract and build what he wants. We need that lift!
Off to check the gas is working.
When Pep does leave I fear many of his amigo's will leave to, especially Txiki.

But it didn’t prevent us sending danilo and 50mill for a player we really didn’t need? Get a grip. That money could have been used for a cb and it should have been.

Yes plus not knocking Rodri but Dinho and Gundogan made that position far less desperate as Laporte aside the other 2 options are very average.

images

If you're panicking, give your head a wobble. Not the worst - and if any manager, and any squad can find a way back from this with 30 games and all cup runs possible, then City are the team for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.