Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
played well only in super easy no pressing games, should be squad player at best.

He started nearly every game in the run in last season, when we won what, 14 games on the bounce to win the league?

Anyway, just been sat next to him and what looked like his brother in terminal 2 at Manc airport. He looked miserable but could have been the time of day.

He played poorly yesterday but the whole team did, normally he’s a great asset to the team.

Last edited:
He started nearly every game in the run in last season, when we won what, 14 games on the bounce to win the league?

Anyway, just been sat next to him and what looked like his brother in terminal 2 at Manc airport. He looked miserable but could have been the time of day.

He played poorly yesterday but the whole team did, normally he’s a great asset to the team.
At completely different position

Everybody is miserable who uses Manchester airport.

There's nothing wrong with Gundogan per se, we know what we'll get from him and he has his uses in certain games e.g. European fixtures or as a number 6 against a stubborn defence. Him playing as a number 8 on the right side genuinely doesn't work, we need genuine dynamism in that position.

Agreed, but he only seems to flourish when others are on their game. If it's a lacklustre team performance like yesterday he joins the gang of scrimshanking ne'er-do-wells!

I think if Rhodri and Gundogan play in midfield then the third player needs to be a "runner" - e.g. Bernado or KdB (and possibly Foden). I cannot see why, if Bernardo is fit, he is not starting as an attacking mid against Wolves.

Rhodri has done well but is not as dynamic as Fernandinho and does not protect the back four as well as him. I would seriously consider swapping their roles.

I think if Rhodri and Gundogan play in midfield then the third player needs to be a "runner" - e.g. Bernado or KdB (and possibly Foden). I cannot see why, if Bernardo is fit, he is not starting as an attacking mid against Wolves.

Rhodri has done well but is not as dynamic as Fernandinho and does not protect the back four as well as him. I would seriously consider swapping their roles.
Yikes! No

Yikes! No

Why not?

Fernandinho is a better player than Rodri in CM and has proven that over many seasons in the Premier League. Rodri is good at keeping the ball but slows our temp down with his safe passing.

On the other hand, Rodri is an excellent ball-winner and while I've not seen him play in that position, what harm could be done (already 8 points behind) by playing him there when he looks like he's got all the talent to do so?

He wasn't the only one that had a bad game, we play awful when we have that midfield, still maintain our best midfield so far is Rodri-De Bruyne-Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.