January defenders

i`d personally go for koulibaly as we could still get 4-5 top years out of him and with garcia, taylor harwood bellis coming at the younger age it doesn`t benefit us buying another young player to stunt their route into the first team? laporte is still only 24 i think as well so experienced world class now would be the better option imo.

How can I say this politely,
200.webp

Please fuck off.
Fucking hell he has looked a country mile ahead of Otamendi.

I'll leave others to use better knowledge of the european scene and suggest players, but I look at it this way. Our match day squad when we beat Brighton at the end of last season contained 4 centre half's, Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte and Stones.

One of them left, City didn't replace or promote a youngster, City decided to go with the three remaining. One of which, Otamendi, was reported to be leaving as well, another, Stones, had been injury prone for the previous two seasons. Then our best defender, Laporte got long term injured. We messed up in the summer.

Spend on two centre half's in January, as we did with Laporte, use the rest of this season to get them embedded in the squad and Pep's ways, as at this rate the league could be gone by then. Otamendi should be sold next summer.

Next summer we should be deciding if our trio of left backs are actually trusted or fit enough. We'll need an additional midfielder with Silva going, Yes Foden's coming through, but Fernandino is a year older. We may need a winger is Sane goes, and Sergio isn't getting any younger either.

The re-building never stops when your on top. City have work to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.