The most mental pub in Manchester?

My patch when I was growing up , Lord Lyon, Clarence, Birch Villa mainly but been in em all, everyone of em packed & full of characters , great place for a pub crawl back in the day . Every one gone now.
Birch villa ah memory's Johnnie Muir lived there he and several other chaps were a well up for it bunch and I'm talking very early seventies.

All these (brilliant) stories are of times gone by, have the days of the really rough pub gone ? Have the new licensing laws spoilt everything ? Surely there is a current story about a pub that is mental.

All these (brilliant) stories are of times gone by, have the days of the really rough pub gone ? Have the new licensing laws spoilt everything ? Surely there is a current story about a pub that is mental.
Mary D's on match days. That Star Wars bar has nothing on some of the punters in there!

The Gardners arms in Moston had a great set of characters. (Mobsters). Luckily I was connected -:). On Friday nights we decamped over to the "dogs home," cannot remember its real name.
Not sure if it is still there.

I have a pre match pint in there quite often, not that bad a cheap beer.
I'll probably nip in there today for a pint or 2.
Bonkers when the karaoke is on in there.
The worst in Manchester come out to compete.
In fact I think its karaoke around 4 onwards today.

Last edited:
Try The City at the top of Oldham St.
Madhouse.

Not Manchester but a mate used to do contract work in Belfast. One night a guy came over to him and told him it was best if he left the pub. When asked why he was told he was wearing a crucifix around his neck and as it was a Loyalist pub and for his own safety he should leave. He left.

used to be a pub called the fire brigade on pollard street,well known cider house, only went in once,didnt get as far as ordering a pint

Talk of the North in Eccles

Went there for a really shit stag do on a coach trip years ago. Went for a bit of a pub crawl round Eccles which was sound but locals kept telling us to be careful when we got in TOTN.

We didn’t last 1 pint. Couple of the lads were threatened in the toilets. Then we got told that word had got out that ‘strangers’ were in and every psycho in town was heading down

Decided to get out of there. As we left all these headcases were almost fighting with the bouncers to get in. Managed to get to the coach parked on a side street which was practically chased out of town by a mob resembling something out of a zombie film

The Gardners arms in Moston had a great set of characters. (Mobsters). Luckily I was connected -:). On Friday nights we decamped over to the "dogs home," cannot remember its real name.
Not sure if it is still there.
Do you mean the rugby club on the opposite corner? Wracking my brain now trying to think what it was called, it was a shithole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.