Gundogan as an attacking midfielder

City are going through a transitional period where David Silva Aguero and Fenandinho are maybe all a little slower than their peak of last season.
Coupled with too many injuries the team looks sluggish and wooden.
Nowe to do with Gundogan who's been one of our best players since Christmas.

Are you having a laugh? Stick up for him that's fine but calm down.

Gundo was anything but fantastic in that Spurs game, he was completely responsible for their opening goal and allowing Lamela to run into the space in front of the back four.

I do agree that Silva is also an issue, but he's not charged with playing closer to our back line and coming short for their pass between the lines.

That is falling to Rodri, because Gundo wants to play an eight or a ten.

The reason the ball went back to Ederson so many times today from Walker was because Gundo went missing in creating the triangle along with Mahrez on the right.

Whilst I don't agree with everything you put on here, that about the triangle on the right is absolutely bang on put De Bruyne in the team for Gundogan yesterday and it immediately gets us playing down the right, Mahrez was far too isolated for too often purely down to Gundogan not being within 30 yards of him most of the time and making no attempt to get any closer once Mahrez got on the ball.

City are going through a transitional period where David Silva Aguero and Fenandinho are maybe all a little slower than their peak of last season.
Coupled with too many injuries the team looks sluggish and wooden.
Nowe to do with Gundogan who's been one of our best players since Christmas.
This isnt true we have plenty of good young players ready to go gunogan shouldnt be playing as a number 8 period bernardo is much better at this than him and he should be playing there when kdb isnt fit. Also aguero isnt part of the problem he always needs a steady run of games to get going.

Gundagan is a big problem playing as attacking midfield against packed defences because he doesn't open teams up. He falls back on safe, sideways passing and out momentum is gone.

Hides and thats not acceptable. Guardiola can't let him get away with it.

Just compare the treatment Sane and Gundogan get from Pep. If Sane plays like that hes in the stands the next game

In line with most contributors I don't think Gundo is a good 8 and playing him along with Dave is not wise in my opinion. Maybe the media pressure
has got to Bernardo but surely that aside any manager you would think would include him in the absence of KB. Otto as the only senior CB has not handled the pressure well
perhaps he is being forced to play too many games. People have speculated and the manager has hinted that because of the high expectations at the club every game is a must win
and so their is limited opportunity to play youngsters. I think we really need to change this mindset over the next few weeks or the season will be a write off. The defence yesterday was a shambles as was the midfield. If we play the same team against Palace I fear we might suffer another defeat. Hopefully Kev will be back and that will help steady the ship but I think the time has come to give Garcia a few starts and Foden must be elevated within the squad to a position higher than Gundog. Personally I don't believe Pep will take the risk (a minor one in the current situation) and I hope he does not live to regret it.

Any lurking journalist, can you please illustrate these figures to Pep and ask him for his thoughts?

Pep’s a genius, the best football coach I’ve seen in my lifetime.

But he has an insane blind spot with Gundogan in my view.

Maybe it’s because he was so good for Dortmund, Pep has always been determined to get him.

Maybe it’s because it was his first signing for City, he’s got a soft spot for him.

Maybe it’s because of his dreadful luck with injuries, Pep feels sorry for him.

But the fact he keeps getting selected as an 8 cannot be based purely on performance. He plays badly there, and the team plays badly and drops points when he’s there.

There simply must be something that’s clouding his judgement on this issue.

I would also like to know from Pep why Bernardo did not start against Wolves.

There are comments here saying how much we missed KDB, but KDB was missing most of last season, and Bernardo covered his absence brilliantly. The obvious question was why didn't he start? Perhaps we would not have got an honest reply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.