Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about the beginning of the season and the mistakes/poor performances made, the more I think Pep has been too conservative, probably because he puts so much faith in the players who've won what we've won in the past 2 years and because he's weary of being 4 seasons in and not wanting to upset everything like he did at Barca.

The problem is that if he doesn't realise in the next few weeks that Otamendi is done, and Silva cannot play every game, and Zinchenko has severe limitations (like being a calamity 1v1 against a rapid winger) then we are going to be out of the title race.

All season, Pep's been a bit weird, talking about how he's going to go easier on the players and be less intense. I think at some point he is just going to say "Fuck it, it's not working" and make some drastic selection moves and ramp up the intensity 10x.

The more I think about the beginning of the season and the mistakes/poor performances made, the more I think Pep has been too conservative, probably because he puts so much faith in the players who've won what we've won in the past 2 years and because he's weary of being 4 seasons in and not wanting to upset everything like he did at Barca.

The problem is that if he doesn't realise in the next few weeks that Otamendi is done, and Silva cannot play every game, and Zinchenko has severe limitations (like being a calamity 1v1 against a rapid winger) then we are going to be out of the title race.

All season, Pep's been a bit weird, talking about how he's going to go easier on the players and be less intense. I think at some point he is just going to say "Fuck it, it's not working" and make some drastic selection moves and ramp up the intensity 10x.
Hopefully, because the alternative is just sad - he’d probably make it his last season if he doesn’t react in some way to the mistakes.

Hopefully, because the alternative is just sad - he’d probably make it his last season if he doesn’t react in some way to the mistakes.

Definitely,and it is mainly because he has no faith in the youth,that's his choice,we have to abide it,too much pressure on winning every match we play,but even he ain't stupid enough not to think it needs changing up a bit.

Or...….is it as simple as no KDB no idea ?

Bar the injuries which are the main issue, our piss poor and farce of a pre-season tour was a joke. It was nothing more than a money making exercise . Pep was furious about it. It's time Khladoon and Soriano listened to Pep, and give him the pre-season tour he needs and wants next Summer.

Bar the injuries which are the main issue, our piss poor and farce of a pre-season tour was a joke. It was nothing more than a money making exercise . Pep was furious about it. It's time Khladoon and Soriano listened to Pep, and give him the pre-season tour he needs and wants next Summer.

This is just a classic example of people bitching about things they don't like when things go wrong.

We had the same preseason tour in 2017 and we got 100 points.

I can't imagine the pressure Pep puts on himself day in out, but I can certainly see why after three seasons of absolute intensity he would need a break

He dropped a bollock with the Zinchenko sun yesterday, it was totally unnecessary and also slowed us down at the back making us more susceptible to the counter.

The shape needs to change to accommodate for the fact our CBs just aren't good enough. When Stones comes back it needs to be both Rodri and Dinho screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.