TV Series

Season 9 Doc Martin.
Why Netflix haven't bought the rights to this yet I'll never know...

In all fairness, this is one of the sedative, meditative 'summer' dramas that's been on British TV as far as I can remember.
Midsummer...Bergerac...feel-good light 'dramas'. But Pie in the Sky was a rarity in this regard. Richard Griffiths was superb generally and elevated this too.
Doc Martin is close to awful but I've such a love for Cornwall I can't help tuning on on occasion.

Did like Morse too...a higher browed Midsummer...it feels like a relic of 80's summers now, hence that feel good vibe.

Just grooved back into Narcos Season 3 (sans Pabs). Superb. As for my next watch, is the Mexico tangent any good?

Season 9 Doc Martin.
Why Netflix haven't bought the rights to this yet I'll never know...

In all fairness, this is one of the sedative, meditative 'summer' dramas that's been on British TV as far as I can remember.
Midsummer...Bergerac...feel-good light 'dramas'. But Pie in the Sky was a rarity in this regard. Richard Griffiths was superb generally and elevated this too.
Doc Martin is close to awful but I've such a love for Cornwall I can't help tuning on on occasion.

Did like Morse too...a higher browed Midsummer...it feels like a relic of 80's summers now, hence that feel good vibe.

Just grooved back into Narcos Season 3 (sans Pabs). Superb. As for my next watch, is the Mexico tangent any good?
Yeah, Narcos Mexico is well worth a watch.

I’m disappointed that the latest season of Better Call Saul won’t be aired until next year.

New Series of Spiral on the BBC soon...this has been around for years and one of my favourite euro imports (a lot of the Scandi stuff turned out to be style over substance in the end). Really gritty, visceral drama in that very unique French way. Can't wait.

That new Giri/Haji show on the BBC looks really interesting...enough for me to give it a whirl.

https://www.ft.com/content/8d25e7ec-e435-11e9-b8e0-026e07cbe5b4

Raising Dion. Just watched the first Episode and it’s brilliant. Kid develops superpowers and his frazzled single mum try’s to get her head around it

Netflix all episodes available

So I finished this show. Seriously good watch and highly recommend it.

The rookie is back so off to watch first 2 episodes

Dark, the series on Netflix. Very good but ...

I started to get bored towards the end of the second series and not too sure about the twist at the end. Luckily the next season is the last one.

Last edited:
'Unbelievable'. Really powerful true story about a young girl who is raped and then not believed by the police and the people around her. Then the subsequent investigation into a serial rapist. Brilliantly made and really emotional. 9/10
Just finished this, watched it on your recommendation.

Some pretty powerful and as you say, emotional performances/scenes, Kaitlyn Dever was first class as the wronged Marie Adler, absolutely agree with the 9/10 you gave it. The two detectives, Rasmussen and Duvall were great too, as well as the other ladies that played the victims of that animal.

Just finished this, watched it on your recommendation.

Some pretty powerful and as you say, emotional performances/scenes, Kaitlyn Dever was first class as the wronged Marie Adler, absolutely agree with the 9/10 you gave it. The two detectives, Rasmussen and Duvall were great too, as well as the other ladies that played the victims of that animal.
Glad you liked it, some cracking performances and a powerful story.

I’ve just finished season 2 of Killing Eve and I’ve become slightly obsessed with Jodie Comer, she really is a remarkable actress and a stunning lady.

Started ‘The Capture’ on BBC and two episodes in and it’s brilliant. Got a line of duty/spooks feel to it and hope it carries on at the same standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.