Another ridiculous ruling I discovered today.

Let me put this to you, the Manchester bomber was going into the arena as people were leaving, if someone had stopped him, maybe just maybe less people would’ve died. I realise it’s frustrating but imagine if someone did that at City! I bet your point but maybe just asking first might have helped, sometimes common sense doesn’t come into it, believe me I know I see it at every game.

All you wankers complaining about stewards, but guess what, no stewards = no football! Yes there are mini hitlers who act like bell ends, but there is a LOT of fans who behave like pissed up kids constantly making it shite for other fans. Most of this new H&S bullshit comes from terror attacks, blame them, not the poor bastards trying to implement stupid rules.

Most fans aren't wankers and years ago there were very few stewards at games it was manned by police, the stewards came in as a cheap option. Guess what? No fans = no stewards jobs. I go to a game sober and rarely take anything inside the ground. I was not aggressive and genuinely had no idea this ridiculous rule existed until the woman whacked me in the chest as I attempted to walk past her, like I was some sort of pitch invader or about to attack somebody. It wasn't like I hadn't paid for the privilege of being allowed into the stadium I had. A guy on this thread posted that attending a game at the academy he realised he had lost his car keys, he could see them 20 feet away on the floor but wasn't allowed to go back and n and retrieve them, nor would the steward go and get them for him as he was leaving his position......at an academy game, hardly a high risk game.

If they are so keen on health and safety and rules how about stopping the kids who take a football into the south stand every game, who spend pre match on the concourse booting it about right near the turnstiles as people are entering and others walking about with drinks. This is in full view of the stewards. An accident waiting to happen.

54,000 people attend games every week and I bet you can count the number of arrests and ejections on one hand, blowing your accusation most fans are pissed up wankers out of the water.

Anyone who does a job dealing with the public knows it can be challenging at times, I did it myself for a number of years. The threat of terror attacks is used as a method to impose even more draconian rules and controls on the general public, fuelled by fear which is what the governments want, but that is another subject matter entirely.

Most fans aren't wankers and years ago there were very few stewards at games it was manned by police, the stewards came in as a cheap option. Guess what? No fans = no stewards jobs. I go to a game sober and rarely take anything inside the ground. I was not aggressive and genuinely had no idea this ridiculous rule existed until the woman whacked me in the chest as I attempted to walk past her, like I was some sort of pitch invader or about to attack somebody. It wasn't like I hadn't paid for the privilege of being allowed into the stadium I had. A guy on this thread posted that attending a game at the academy he realised he had lost his car keys, he could see them 20 feet away on the floor but wasn't allowed to go back and n and retrieve them, nor would the steward go and get them for him as he was leaving his position......at an academy game, hardly a high risk game.

If they are so keen on health and safety and rules how about stopping the kids who take a football into the south stand every game, who spend pre match on the concourse booting it about right near the turnstiles as people are entering and others walking about with drinks. This is in full view of the stewards. An accident waiting to happen.

54,000 people attend games every week and I bet you can count the number of arrests and ejections on one hand, blowing your accusation most fans are pissed up wankers out of the water.

Anyone who does a job dealing with the public knows it can be challenging at times, I did it myself for a number of years. The threat of terror attacks is used as a method to impose even more draconian rules and controls on the general public, fuelled by fear which is what the governments want, but that is another subject matter entirely.

Re your first paragraph - times have changed. As already pointed out on here - Manchester Arena families might disagree with you.
I’d rather a little inconvenience than lose my family.

If you are going to quote me, then at least get your facts right?
Where do I say MOST FANS?... Clearly there are LOTS of decent fans who behave themselves?
A LOT of fans isn't ALL of them?...
Your stated there is hardly any incidents at matches... so you can see everything that happens at the ground every game...
I actually said some stewards are Hitlers, there is a reason why your not allowed back in...
Stewards are not keen on H&S, the CLUB, COUNCIL, FA and the LAWS OF THE LAND are...
Get your facts straight before spouting shite...

Is this Barbara the elderly steward in the South Stand mate? If it is, it seems totally out of character for her as she's normally sound. Either way, it is ridiculous because you could've left something really important like medication, etc.

Yes she is. I have had a laugh with her on a number of occasions briefly and you are correct she is usually pleasant and cheerful. I had no idea of her name until I heard the head guy use it. I think she just reacted without thinking to me walking past her, as I was so close, like a reflex action. I think how hard she connected with me shocked her as she apologised. If I had known of the rule I would gave just gone to a busier part of the exit not so staffed and slipped back in but I had no idea as I have never wanted to go back inside. If I has been further away I wouldn't have bothered but as I had literally put one foot outside it wasn't going to delay me by much to go and retrieve it which is why I about turned. Crazy rule as people must forget stuff and as you say it could be a small bag containing something more important. As I previously said what if someone suddenly desperately needed the toilet? There are no public ones in close proximity to the ground I am aware of, what do they do then?

We must have the best stewards in the Etihad in CBL1 aisle 125. From the top of the aisle when I enter or leave they are friendly and greet me with a smile and when I am leaving, one of the last to leave as I have difficulty getting up all the steps without stopping (only disadvantage of being on the front row!) I usually get a hug off the supervisor at the back. At the front, we have the VAR camera in front of us which has its own steward(!), I get a friendly greeting from him and the lovely young lady we call our own personal steward gives me a hug both arriving and leaving! It’s a very friendly place around us. Yesterday’s ‘fracas’ in the Tunnel club bit behind us was about the only problem we’ve had this season.
We even have a laugh and banter with the extras who come down when the gates are closed.

The stewards are only human, they get paid (a pittance I bet) to make sure we are kept as safe as possible within the ground and in 99% of cases seem to do a grand job. IMHO

@Mcfc_nathan_ I am very surprised to hear that about the Everton stewards as they have always been helpful to me. The last two aways I’ve been to there I’ve not been able to get front row seats and one time they saw me struggling and told a supervisor who came and took me to another area where I could sit and watch the game. The other time they kept checking that I could see properly as I was in a corner on the third row but I had a superb view actually even though everyone was standing as I was at the end against one of those walls there on the first level over the stairs. Plus they always give us a smile and a beat Liverpool for us message!

If you are going to quote me, then at least get your facts right?
Where do I say MOST FANS?... Clearly there are LOTS of decent fans who behave themselves?
A LOT of fans isn't ALL of them?...
Your stated there is hardly any incidents at matches... so you can see everything that happens at the ground every game...
I actually said some stewards are Hitlers, there is a reason why your not allowed back in...
Stewards are not keen on H&S, the CLUB, COUNCIL, FA and the LAWS OF THE LAND are...
Get your facts straight before spouting shite...

Stop shouting and ranting, do you have anger issues? A LOT of fans implies most, you didn't say a FEW fans, you said a LOT of fans. This implies large numbers.

I quoted you in response to you calling those of us who just might have a genuine grievance as to how we have been treated wankers. As I started the thread I guess that puts me into that category. I also said the number of arrests and ejections per 54,000 people attending every game would be minimal in proportion. Those facts will be readily available if you care to look them up. If you spread that further to encompass paying fans attending games throughout the country they are still tiny in comparison and that's even if you add on football related incidents happening outside the ground as well. That makes the majority of football fans decent well behaved people.

You need to learn some manners in your interaction with other fans on here. If you behave like this when sober and sitting in the peace and quiet of your own home typing, I DREAD to think what your behaviour would be like in alcohol when ruffled in crowds of us wankers at a game.

Here’s something I have never understood. Why do they have bins full of empty drinks bottles outside the ground? Are you not allowed to take drinks into the ground? If so, how do loads of people around me still have flasks of coffee?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.