Bring the Noise

I’m sat at work now having a brew. Everyone who comes in can tell from my voice that I was at the game yesterday. The truth is most blues on here didn’t make a single contribution to support our team yesterday.

Does anyone want to explain to the forum why they even go to the game? Sitting in silence is NOT support. I’ve been sat next to the same guy in SS3 for 3 years and apart from standing up when we score, he might as well be asleep.

Each to their own I guess, but for me personally I do not get it. Most sitting around me don’t get behind the team at all, they just sit in silence. I also have a bad voice through shouting yesterday. Everyone around me looks as though I am mad. But I travel seven hours return journey to have a sing and get behind the team. During the match it’s like a social get together chatting about what they did in the week during the game. Don’t seem to watch it at all. These are not tourists either these are regulars. I am also totally frustrated with the match day experience. I have spoken to a lot of city fans with the same opinion. We are crying out for a proper home end. No good the club moaning about support if they don’t do anything about. Okay rant over :)

It’s two things:

1. It’s to be expected when we are used to seeing win after win. Performing well is expected now. Would happen at most clubs.
2. I find that a lot of City fans follow City because they wanted a team to moan about rather than success and so miss being crap. So when we are winning they’re quiet and when we aren’t they abuse individuals which is what they came to do in the first place and missed for whatever reason.

Number 2 is annoying but what can you do? Most of these guys have been going for years and feel they can behave as they like which is true.

We should have a complaining section next to the away fans as they are saying similar stuff.

Put the ones that want to support the team together.

The only time everyone comes together is where there is an actual threat of losing like Liverpool or a perceived threat like United.

Stand up for the champions didn’t even work yesterday.. Heard the whole ground do a come on city once.
That said the south stand was very poor aswell.. outsung all game

Stand up for the champions didn’t even work yesterday.. Heard the whole ground do a come on city once.
That said the south stand was very poor aswell.. outsung all game

first 15 / twenty minutes was ok in south stand, then because no goals went in, try as we did few people would join in. Then it became more of a frustrated support. Had we banged a goal or two in after 20 minutes it would have been similar to brighton game, but its getting to the point now where if we don't score it goes quiet. Needs to stop being like that, its not support

first 15 / twenty minutes was ok in south stand, then because no goals went in, try as we did few people would join in. Then it became more of a frustrated support. Had we banged a goal or two in after 20 minutes it would have been similar to brighton game, but its getting to the point now where if we don't score it goes quiet. Needs to stop being like that, its not support

I think the performance was rubbing off on the fans yesterday and the nerves were kicking in after witnessing the first half. Wolves fans were decent I thought.

Wolves fans were very loud. As good as any support I can remember at our ground. Easy though when you're doing well at the home of the Champions.

I've said this a few times but shooting towards the Family Stand in the second half pisses me off, yesterday we could of done with the south stand dragging a goal in in the second half instead of us shooting towards rows of kids on a school trip, also I think it's an advantage we let the away team shoot towards there fans in the second half, just my opinion

The singing section / 115/6 has been a failure in my opinion.

You post this absolute nonsense every time one of these threads reappears. 115 (and to a lesser extent the kippax corner) are okay, it's pretty much every other section of the ground who aren't participating.

If the who ground replicated 115 we'd have the best atmosphere in the UK. The issue we have is that there around 200 of us trying to get things going and 50,000 who'd rather sit in silence.

We have become so greedy especially at home. If we havent scored within 30 mins the Nerves set in and we become almost angry. Yesterday you knew the vibe wasnt right some keys players didnt look interested and we created little chances. To go from 8-0 against a decent watford to "poor season" Wolves within 2 weeks is typical city.

Yesterday was just an off day. It happens with earlier kick offs and the game hardly helped.

We were trying in the South Stand, but it's hard to keep it going when fans are nervous/frustrated. What you should do if you're in a part of the ground that's usually quieter is more booing, whistling, shouting 'Come On' when we're on a counter. Just be noisier! You don't have to join in with every word from the songs in the south stand to help improve the atmosphere.

But our players could have done with us yesterday and we offered very little from the stands. We have lots of tourists and corporates, but so what? There's still 40k proper City fans in there who could make a right racket if they all pulled their finger out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.