#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The daggers comin out for Pep because Foden wasn’t in the team and Gundogan was?

Fucking head wobblers!!!

I’m going to say something that will cause consternation: Foden isn’t all he’s cracked up to be....yet! The position he plays is a key position in Pep’s set up and he flatters to deceive there, especially in tough games like today.

Ok, fire away...
I sort of agree with this i think bernardo should have played in the middle today but foden couldnt possibly be any worse than foden right now especially when he isnt play at dm

It was a missed opportunity yesterday. Foden would have been very high in confidence after Tuesday and I think having him the side would have given everyone a boost when it all felt a bit flat. It seems a bit pointless having him im the squad when Pep has no intention of using him. I am now starting to wonder whether Pep really rates Foden or if he is just in the squad for decorative purposes.

The position he plays is a key position in Pep’s set up and he flatters to deceive there, especially in tough games like today.

Ok, fire away...

Sorry pal, but how can you say he 'flatters to deceive in tough games like today'? We've seen Phil in very irregular games and he has started a maximum of what, 4-5 games over the last few years?

He's barely had a chance to make a name for himself, that actually requires giving the lad minutes ffs. My approach to it would be that I would be giving him a block of 5 games and seeing what he can do, rather than bringing him on for 5 minutes here and there which is bloody pointless.

It was a missed opportunity yesterday. Foden would have been very high in confidence after Tuesday and I think having him the side would have given everyone a boost when it all felt a bit flat. It seems a bit pointless having him im the squad when Pep has no intention of using him. I am now starting to wonder whether Pep really rates Foden or if he is just in the squad for decorative purposes.
Completely agree. If he isn't given a run now, it'll never happen. No pressure on the lad because we're not playing well anyway. Not suggesting we discard other players to accommodate him but he has to be used as a valuable squad member rather than potential with a few subs appearances in the league cup.

Completely agree. If he isn't given a run now, it'll never happen. No pressure on the lad because we're not playing well anyway. Not suggesting we discard other players to accommodate him but he has to be used as a valuable squad member rather than potential with a few subs appearances in the league cup.
He will get his time, but patience is going to be needed

Sorry pal, but how can you say he 'flatters to deceive in tough games like today'? We've seen Phil in very irregular games and he has started a maximum of what, 4-5 games over the last few years?

He's barely had a chance to make a name for himself, that actually requires giving the lad minutes ffs. My approach to it would be that I would be giving him a block of 5 games and seeing what he can do, rather than bringing him on for 5 minutes here and there which is bloody pointless.
He sees what he can do every day.
Foden clearly has the potential, but Pep, despite this weekends abomination, is an elite manager who would clearly play Foden if he thought he was the answer or he will do when he is. Sick and tired of the Bluemoon HR department demanding he plays the academy. There'll be plenty of time for that unfortunately when he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.