Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

You have to start blooding them though, give them a run in the side. Foden can be no less effective than Gundogan, I'm not sure what Gundogan brings to this side full stop. We need energy in that Midfield Foden has to be the answer to that.

Agreed, I find the excuse that Pep 'cant' play the youngsters a bit weak tbh. There is no doubt in my mind that Phil would have brought much needed energy to that midfield yesterday even if the result had ended up being the same.

The problem with Phil lies in the weight of expectation I think, there are factions of the fan base (you know, the matchday thread bellends) who will rip into the lad after one sub par game (which of course he is going to have). When that happens, it's going to be really sad to see how spoiled some have become.

Both of us agree that he is the greatest manager. Fans' views are not the ultimate test of the viability of the manager's decisions. I think we agree on that point too but results on the pitch are the true test but please don't close your ears to the fans when their fears are validated when results on the pitch do not give credence to managers' choices.

One of those just played out. Played woeful Norwich with this midfield and got hammered. Played struggling Wolves with the same midfield and got hammered again. Our only two league losses.

The Ota brainfart aside, I actually thought we were okay at Norwich. I didn't feel like I did after yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time in 2 years I felt as though we were well below our standard.

After Norwich I knew we would bounce back. I'm not so sure now.

Need to start getting Angelino into the team. I can understand Foden not getting games (sort of...) but why sell an academy product, buy them after a 2 year spell in Team of the Season, and then not play him when Mendy's perpetually injured and Zinchenko is not a natural left-back?

Agreed, I find the excuse that Pep 'cant' play the youngsters a bit weak tbh. There is no doubt in my mind that Phil would have brought much needed energy to that midfield yesterday even if the result had ended up being the same.

The problem with Phil lies in the weight of expectation I think, there are factions of the fan base (you know, the matchday thread bellends) who will rip into the lad after one sub par game (which of course he is going to have). When that happens, it's going to be really sad to see how spoiled some have become.
You mean like now after a bad performance?

Pussy get jogging man flu ffs:)
I needed to be up twenty minutes ago and still in bed!
Just to stop you 2 worrying about me, I've managed to make it to dinner time.. Still feeling like crap.. Oh and PC, never mind dossing in bed on a Monday morning, get the fcuk up like the rest of us have too.. Haha..

I think it would have definitely lifted the crowd if nothing else.

The subs were very predictible yesterday.

I was surprised Bernardo didn’t play. He hasn’t been as good this season but he could be looking at a ban this week so for me it would have made sense to start him.

Didn't I read somewhere that Pep's wife and one of his kids have returned to Barcelona. Perhaps it's having an effect on his Majesty? How else can you explain Silva & Gundog starting together? He appears to be losing his marbles.
You do wonder what’s really going on there. He doesn’t really look/sound like the Pep we know at the moment.

Need to start getting Angelino into the team. I can understand Foden not getting games (sort of...) but why sell an academy product, buy them after a 2 year spell in Team of the Season, and then not play him when Mendy's perpetually injured and Zinchenko is not a natural left-back?
NO, Angelino as a attacking player is decent as a defender , a total and utter car crash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.